'my engineering aspirations' - Queen's PSE Essay

zumi78878 2 / 6  
In an essay of 300 words, or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

I feel that my conclusion is not strong enough, but I am limited to 300 words. Can anybody give me suggestions on how to shorten parts of the essay where information is not necessary and create a stronger conclusion while still limiting to 300 words? Thanks a bunch!

I believe that the best knowledge and opportunity for new experiences can enable me to fully peruse my engineering aspirations. Queen's university is the most profound place for this, as there is a large diversity in the student body, many outstanding clubs to join, and a group of excellent professors. The Integrated Learning Centre particularly attracted me to the university. Hence, one goal is to be able to work inside this facility and develop new skills and build upon previous skills including leadership, teamwork, and communication and increase the depth of my learning. In essence, I will have a greater understanding of other engineering disciplines and of the role of professionals outside of engineering.

I am a person who devotes a part of my life into helping others, as that brings upon great satisfaction. During my time at Queen's University, I would not only like to achieve high academic grades, but also be greatly involved with the community at Kingston and activities outside of academics. I believe that Queen's University will provide me with this complementary aspect due to the amazing Queen's University International Centre and my aspiration is to, one day, become a part of their team. Due to Queen's great worldwide relations, I am looking forward to their international exchange opportunities and spend a part of my time studying or working abroad to build a larger international social network and build my understanding of other countries and their cultures.

After graduating from Queen's University, I will apply the numerous academic and social skills that I've learned into my career as an engineer. Along with that, I hope to fulfill my childhood dream: to create and give rise to something using my own skills that will enlighten the world and that I will be recognized and remembered for.
eradulova 7 / 14  
In my opinion you essay is clear and strong enough. Your conclusion is on its place. Be careful not to go too far with superlatives and promises
OP zumi78878 2 / 6  
ok thanks alot!
Queen's university is the most profound place for this, as there is a large amount of diversity in the student body, many outstanding clubs to join, and a group of excellent professors.

I am a person who devotes a part of my life into helping others, as that brings me great satisfaction.

During my time at Queen's University, I would not only like to achieve high academic grades, but also to be greatly involved with the community at Kingston and activities outside of academics.

Due to Queen's great worldwide relations, I am looking forward to their international exchange opportunities and spendinga part of my time studying or working ...

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'my engineering aspirations' - Queen's PSE Essay