Engineering, Computer science (background, project, extra curricular)SOP US admission

shwetamenon52 1 / -  
PURPOSE OF STUDY
As a final year student of undergraduate study for Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, I would like to pursue higher studies in my favorite areas to refine my knowledge and advance my skills thereby strengthening my academic proficiency.

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Over the past 2 years, I have developed interest in the area of database. In my second year of Btech we had studied the basic database management system. Further in 7th semester I took an elective, distributed database which is an extension of dbms which I found very interesting.

PROJECT
As final year project, i was a member of a group in developing a model which serve as an efficient tool for analyzing different sound components and separate mixture of sounds to independent sound components using Blind source algorithm.

Apart from curriculum, i have done a web based project as a part of a contest conducted by IBM.It is a patient billing software which can perform all the billng formalities of a patient in a hospital.I hav enjoyed the experience of working on the project.It has given me sound base in technical areas.

EXTRA CURRICULAR
Besides the college academics i was actively involved in extra-curricular activities.I represented my college at Inter college Arts festival for dance and various other cultural events.Also i have represented my school at All Kerala CBSE meet and State sports meet.Added to this i was the School Sports captain for consecutive two years. These experiences have helped developing leadership quality in me and made me a good team player.But the greatest advantage of involving myself in these activities was that, it cultivated the ability of multitasking within me . The driving force that motivted me to engage in all activities was my aspiration to develop all the angles of my personality.
I would like to pursue higher studies in my favorite areas to refine my knowledge and advance my skills thereby strengthening my academic proficiency.

This will be better if it says a few specific things. Maybe you should name your two favorite areas in this sentence...

Also, do not say "strengthen my academic proficiency," because you have more meaningful goals than that. Talk about becoming prepared for a particular kind of work that you intend to do.

As final year project, i was a member --- capitalize that I

Another typo: I hav enjoyed the experience

My idea for you: At least three times in the essay, mention the specific kinds of work you hope to do in the future and/or the specific courses you are most excited about. That is how you show your vision for the future.

Home / Undergraduate / Engineering, Computer science (background, project, extra curricular)SOP US admission