'Engineering and Islamic Architecture' - MIT Application

Ali Poonja 3 / 4  
I was wondering if I could recieve some feedback, harsh is fine, on the following prompt: Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer) The deadline is January 2st to submit.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks

Two programs that fit my learning style and passions would be Engineering and Islamic Architecture. Being a science and math lover, hands on learner and a collaborative worker, the engineering program fulfills my passions and learning style.

Another program that appeals to me is the Islamic Architecture Program. Since I visited my first Jamat Khane at the age of 7, I have been mesmerized by Islamic Architecture. During my travels, I visit a vast amount of Islamic Designed Buildings such as the Islamic Centre's in Dubai, London, Vancouver and Portugal. My passion for Islamic Architecture expands beyond my travels. In fact, last year, I painted a mural of the Fatimid Empire which allowed me to learn a plethora about Islamic Architecture.

Being a part of either of these programs would allow me to grow in my passions and expand my knowledge.
deremifri 9 / 137  
I would say that this essay is really good, at least to me. One thing that you maybe could add is that why you want to study these things at MIT and not elsewhere.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Engineering and Islamic Architecture' - MIT Application