"Engineers turn ideas (technical, scien..." Cornell Engineering Undergrad Essay

numbaone0920 3 / 7  
*****GUYS THIS ESSAY IS DUE AT MIDNIGHT PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT!
PROMPT: Engineers turn ideas (technical, scientific, mathematical) into reality. Tell us about an engineering idea you have or your interest in engineering. Explain how Cornell Engineering can help you further explore this idea or interest.

I'm going to bring this nation into a new era of excellence. Why?-I'm going to be an engineer; I'm going add wood to a flame of innovative thinking.

Each period of growth in America is marked by a great idea that helped propel the rest of the country into action. 1793: Eli Whitney invented the modern version of the cotton gin. This sparked an era in which the South prospered, with "King Cotton" dominating the period. Europe relied on America for this raw material, which meant that our economy went up-the country as a whole was doing better. Americans of the early 1800s were able to live better because of a man figured out a way to easily separate cotton from its seeds.

The entirety of the Industrial Revolution was based on little innovations, all the work of engineers. Again, this led to a time of economic stability. A similar pattern is seen with Henry Ford and his Model T car in the early 20th century and personal computers in the 1990s.

So, I turn to Cornell with the intention to contribute to starting an era of prosperity. My time at Cornell would be much more than a GPA-I need to stir my passions and create an environment to allow my sparks of imagination to be like firework, progressing in my journey to ground-breaking engineering.
sathvik27 2 / 4  
you need to emphasis more on your idea than any one else's invention they also asked you how will Cornell help you in achieving your goal so you have to state your goal and then state how will Cornell help you achieve it.
OP numbaone0920 3 / 7  
But it say OR talk about your interest in engineering.

Home / Undergraduate / "Engineers turn ideas (technical, scien..." Cornell Engineering Undergrad Essay