I was always engrossed in electronic machines; The essay of U of Pitt

54lbz987 1 / 2  
This is the topic.
Provide us with a brief statement of about 500 words in which you address one of the following topics: 'Describe an experience that has led you to choose your current career objective' or 'Describes a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.' In your response, be sure to include how the experience will impact your time at the University of Pittsburgh.

Also, if there is anything you did not get a chance to communicate elsewhere in your application, include in a separate paragraph at the end of your essay (ex., another campus you wish to be considered for, a unique accomplishment or special need).

Thanks for helping me about my essay. I want to apply for the transfer to the U of Pitt. My major is electronic engineering. Thank you. Here is my essay.

When putting the probe and looking at the terrible figure in the oscilloscopeïźŒI heaved a sign again. Where is the problem? Why was the right design always not perfect? Damn circuit!

I was always engrossed in electronic machines and took apart them for parts then rebuilt them during my childhood. I enjoyed that process to glue together to get a perfect instrument. It made me take part in the electronic design contest, which requires students design a circuit with some function. Because of my love to it, I improved my requirement repeatedly. I would be sad since the bandwidth of the operational amplifier was just 1kHz narrower than my expectation and be depressed because of the one second later of the racing car I made. When treating myself more and more picky, I found that I was so far from the destination of the perfect that I thought.

So did this time. We were required to make a waveform generator. Although I complete a circuit that can produce the figure, I buried myself in the endless disappointment of the imperfect figure of the sine wave and couldn't feel satisfaction of finish a project. "But nothing could be as easy as pie." I said to myself, "I chose to be the perfect, then I must insist on it!" So I picked the probe again, checking every point, which I suppose it may improve the figure.

During that may, I knew every scene of my campus at five o'clock in the morning, and devote every minute except taking courses and doing exercise to it in order to try my best. When I analyzed the circuit, not only did I consider the ideal condition, which I learnt from the textbook, but also concentrate on the nonideal condition, such as the parameter of the Op-Amp. To make a perfect signal, I change the resisters, and considered how these components impacts, although they seemed having no influence, which the textbook told us. In this way, although the improvements indeed were tiny, they would be accumulated to a huge development. It made me rebuilt my passion and love. Otherwise, the glamour of this contest was these analyses. Everyone who could weld components is allowed to finish a project, which may achieve parts of the requirement. Everybody who could weld components can make a not bad circuit. However, only do the people who think deeply has the great knowledge of not only the fundamentals of the circuit but also the choice of the components. So I may change it in various quite small points. The improvement indeed was puny and tiny, but it won't stop by my quit. I ensure that this little progress would accumulate to a great change. Meanwhile, I continued to find the key, which can bring improvement, and was full of passion and happiness.

I insist on the last day in that May. Every change finally was accumulated to a great development. I thanked to my insistence. It made me found my love and passion to the contest again and won a first in the one hundred and seven groups, but not let me stop by my quit. Therefore, I realized that, sometimes, the success didn't depend on IQ, but pure insistence. Of course, I knew it was just a contest. I knew I would face with various challenges more difficult than this circuit. However, I will deal with it better since I have my passion, my love, and my pure insistence.

Ultimately, looking at the perfect sine weave in the oscilloscope, I put down the probe, smiling with relief. My love to the electronic technology brought me to the electronic design contest. I also followed the love to try my best come into the University of Pittsburgh. I believe that my insistence would have a positive effects on my way, as same as I did in the contest, to find my passion in the campus of the U of Pitt and be in pursuit of a bright future.
OP 54lbz987 1 / 2  
It is really hard for me to revise again. Help me please....^^
imanali14 2 / 2  
"To glue together to get..." - its worded weirdly, the first sentence

Your diction could use some help and your sentences are choppy, and dont really flow.
OP 54lbz987 1 / 2  
Thank you very much for your help, I'll try to write it again

Home / Undergraduate / I was always engrossed in electronic machines; The essay of U of Pitt