I enjoyed playing with toy parts,not the full toy;Carnegie Mellon-Diversity,Motto&MCS

thepal 2 / 4  
Ever since I was a child, I have always wondered how people are able to think so creatively. How was something as complicated as the space shuttle or electricity invented? What triggered these complex thoughts that entered the minds of the inventors. After many years of confusion, I believe the answer that makes the most sense is passion. Without passion, even a knowledgeable person would not know what to do. Throughout my life, I have experienced many situations in which I was forced to do something which I had no interest in. Whether it was to clean my room or write a poem about animals, I only did it just to be done with it. I did not care about it and I did not even bother to improve it after I was done. As Founder of CMU, Andrew Carnegie once said "My heart is in the work." This enthusiastic attitude towards learning is what I perceive as the core CMU spirit. I truly believe that a college that inspires passion also ultimately inspires creative thinking and convoluted inventions that will benefit society. I plan to use this zeal I have towards science to propose a thesis that will ultimately contribute to the scientific community.

As a person with infinite interest and curiosity in science and the world around us, I plan to major in Chemistry in the Mellon College of Science. Throughout my life, I have always enjoyed playing with parts of toys instead of the toys itself. I would simply take things apart, such as the parts of a pen, and then put them back together just to see how the parts worked. Involving 90% of the chemistry undergrads, Carnegie Mellon research projects provide opportunities to their students that are not available at most other schools. Carnegie Mellon will provide research opportunities will help me achieve hands-on experience with cutting edge technology in my chosen field of study and will provide me with skills that will better assist me in my future career in medicine. I believe I will be able to take advantage of the many research opportunities offered by the Mellon College of Science, thereby preparing me better for my goal of gaining admission into a MD/PhD program. The research projects that I undertake will also help me show my interest to learn about and love for medicine and the world around us. One of the reasons I am most interested in majoring in Chemistry at the Mellon College of Science is because I will be able to participate in the Health Professions Program. Although I can learn about health professions in many colleges, I believe that majoring in chemistry while also being able to obtain the in-depth background in subjects that are vital for successful careers in medicine or medical research will most efficiently prepare me for the various opportunities that are to come.

As a child of a parent who works for the Foreign Ministry of Bangladesh, I have lived in several countries besides the United States such as England, Iran and Saudi Arabia. I have lived among several kinds of people and I strongly believe that diversity is needed to inspire creative and revolutionary thought. Having lived in so many different countries, I have learned not only about their cultures and their ways of thinking, but also myself because I was given the opportunity to tell people about myself. I hope to once again find this priceless opportunity to interact and learn more about other cultures and to think in a different way.

By working with zealous and passionate people and living with a diverse student body, I hope to be able to think in a revolutionary way. I hope to be able to think like those who invented something as complicated and revolutionary as the internet or even those who invented something as simple, yet still revolutionary as the toothbrush. With so many vital reasons to attend the Mellon College of Science, I strongly believe that Carnegie mellon is the perfect school for me.
fznfire 1 / 32  
I only did it just to be done with it. Perhaps I did it only for the sake of doing or I did it because I had to.

This sentence is sort of redundant:
I did not care about it and I did not even bother to improve it after I was done

Once done, those tedium never bothered me again.

Variation would do better in the following sentences:
As a child of a parent who works for the Foreign Ministry of Bangladesh, I have lived in several countries besides the United States such as England, Iran and Saudi Arabia. I have lived among several kinds of people

I hope to be able to think in a revolutionary way. I hope t o be able to think like those
In this part you should find some variation.

Home / Undergraduate / I enjoyed playing with toy parts,not the full toy;Carnegie Mellon-Diversity,Motto&MCS