I have always enjoyed running alone; Common App/Extracurricular statement

rainneil 2 / 3 1  
This has been revised yet. I desperately need some suggestions.

I have always enjoyed running alone, as the quietness refreshes me and brings me the peaceful mind. But being a member of Varsity Track Team showed me some other facets of the beauty of running. The first one was about the idea of communal cohesion. Together we practiced, rested and competed; we shared happiness, sadness, success and failure. There is a picture engraved deep in my mind. It was just after the last event of the sectional meet, John still lying exhausted on the field, Peter and Erik walked to the side and beckoned me, "Come on, Neil, we will wait for the result as a team." When the final result came out that we were the winner, we embraced each other, screamed, and ran a victory lap. It's a kind of ecstasy I had never experienced before, and I knew it's not for the championship. The second was about passion. urged by the frequent races, I could no longer deem running simply as a recreation, but pushed myself unprecedentedly hard. Through the whole season, I shortened my 800m time for about 20sec. This passion has stayed with me even after the season, and on January first in Albany, I am running my first half marathon.
moon05 13 / 133 20  
Hey the piece was well thought Neil/rainneil/Ning Xie :D

and I knew it's not for the championship.

It's good as it is but you could also say like: it's for the __________

But it depends on you what you like, cause it's just good and succinct as it is... though you just have to be succinct with the freaky word limit!

Home / Undergraduate / I have always enjoyed running alone; Common App/Extracurricular statement