"Enticing is calling me" - UVA FAVORITE WORD ESSAY.

read 1 / 6  
Enticing

It's such a lustful word, is it not? Enticing is drawing me in, making me want what it's wanting, feel what it's feeling. I can't help but feel the feeling when my lips utter the syllables. The sharp exhale of breath with the "tah" sound followed by the "sss" sound provides a stark contrast that makes me want more. Opposites attract. The word sings, like music to my thirsty ears. I hear it. I need it. I want more of it. It's the way that Enticing is calling me, like the Sirens would before devouring me to shreds. It is mysterious, yet so attractive. I don't know what is in store, but I can't help but be curious, very curious. It's Enticing, so why would I refuse?
ziranshng 5 / 17  
Wow! I think this is a great essay, but could you provide the prompt? I really like the Siren analogy and how descriptive you are.

Couple of things:
You have an immediate repetition of "feel...feeling". I get the meaning you're trying to convey, not sure if the repetition should be changed or not...

Also, the "Opposites attract" seems to not hold much meaning. I see the reference to the "stark contrast", but I feel the two word sentence stands out too much without having a deeper idea.
zaynouri 3 / 7  
Wow amazing how you painted a picture in so few words. but i would add in some direct connection to you. and how this word represents your personality?
tonglil 3 / 8  
What zaynouri said.

Also, I'm not feeling the "tah" sound, isn't it more like a "tie" sound?

Home / Undergraduate / "Enticing is calling me" - UVA FAVORITE WORD ESSAY.