"entrepreneurial drive and passion" - Why Stanford? Supplement

DeusEx 3 / 14  
What makes Stanford a good place for you.

Through all these years up until now, I have been an entrepreneur in all facets of my life. And smack in the middle of cutting-edge Silicon Valley, is Stanford, at the epicenter of pure entrepreneurial innovation.

In 1996, two Stanford students discovered something special. These two were Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the duo at the Gates Computer Science Building that went on to transform their novel idea into a global technology powerhouse we now know today as Google. There are many Stanford alumni like them. These people are my heroes. They have revolutionized the very way we live, communicate, and interact with information every single day.

These are the people who I've strived with all my heart to emulate and have vowed, in the long-term, to hopefully someday match. Before these individuals arrived at Stanford, they were as studious, and as persistent as everyone else, except that they brought with them a budding passion for technology and a dynamism, a willingness to think beyond the horizon, and Stanford brought out their passion to a even higher degree to achieve what they have. I too, share this thrilling ardor for technology, and what it really stands for; a means to improve and benefit humanity for the betterment of all. To be able to experience an education at Stanford would be of unimaginable value to me.

My entrepreneurial drive and passion for the high-tech has brought me to heights that I've always striven to reach; writing for one of the top tech blogs in the world, raising thousands of dollars to purchase Lifestraw water filters for third-world countries, and founding my own startup to develop mobile software apps. I've gone so far; Stanford would take me one step closer to my aspirations.

Does that 2-line beginning seem odd? Did I address the quote?
autogunny 3 / 72  
Hey again.

It has been a lifelong dream of mine to go to Stanford.

Not a good way to start off your essay in that way. Even I want to go to stanford.. I think everyone does.

something special.

something that did what? revolutionized ..?

I like the essay, good luck :)

can you edit my bu 3 words?
autogunny 3 / 72  
Yup, I liked it. the intro was more eye catching.
OP DeusEx 3 / 14  
Do you get the revol part now?
OP DeusEx 3 / 14  
Did I answer the prompt well? "What makes Stanford a good place for you".

I just talked about about how it matched me with an entrepreneurial flair.
skyworthy 3 / 17  
were as studious, and persistent as...

can u check mine?

thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / "entrepreneurial drive and passion" - Why Stanford? Supplement