Eugene Lang- Tell us a time you were the minority

pekingduck 2 / 6  
It was 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon. I was searching for a lane at the grocery store to buy mini apple tarts. The store was crowded, and the lines were long, it was an unpleasant situation. As I darted towards cashier number one, I accidently ran into an elderly woman's shopping cart. I repeatedly apologized and began to turn a bright shade of red. She turned her head slightly, and preceded to give me a dirty look that sent shivers up my spine. As she wheeled away, I heard her mutter in a disgusted voice, "Go back to your own country." I stood in shock.

Do you have any suggestions to what I should add or change? Thanks in advance!
The max. is 250 words, I've only used 106.
JRob105 4 / 10  
You should add how that made you feel, or how that affected you, or what that situation has taught you.

It's a good start though.
mary24 1 / 2  
Was it really 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon? Hehe. I dont know, I feel like you made that up, the time, I mean. I could be wrong. :P

Talk more about your country, your feelings, and how you manage to overcome such situations.
Well, add a paragraph in which you give a useful idea, a bit of wisdom that came to you from the experience.

:-)

It was 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon .

You don't have to say both pm and afternoon.

I was searching for a lane at the grocery store to buy mini apple tarts. Cool, great detail!!

The store was crowded, and the lines were long, and it was an unpleasant situation. As I darted towards cashier number one, I accidentally ran into an elderly woman's shopping cart. I repeatedly apologized and began to turn a bright shade of red. She turned her head slightly, and proceeded to give me a ...

Home / Undergraduate / Eugene Lang- Tell us a time you were the minority