Eugene Lang : A time when I was in the minority.

thaonguyen1901 10 / 29 3  
Please feedback for me. Thank you!

My country has three main areas each of whose residence have their own specified voice and tone. I had lived in the seashore Middle land- Quang Binh until I was eight. My family moved to Hanoi- the biggest city in the North Vietnam. To all children at school, I was a weird girl with a strange voice and dark sun-baked skin. They kept away from me. At first I was afraid. Once I tried to play with a group of friends, they stared at me and said: "Don't you feel shame? Go back to your suburb idiot!" When their laugh burst out loudly, my tears dripped. Yet no one saw me cry because I did not let them think I was a coward. For months later, I had spent most of my time on studying and I got the first place in the class. Weather in the North also made my skin brighter. I had many things that others did not. I understood more about culture along the country. I knew the traditional delicious food of my hometown. I had a special voice which enabled me to sing songs of many areas. New friends talked to me and wanted to play with me more. Minority made me special and I was always proud of it. The most important thing I realized was that "It is no matter who I am or what I am, but how I identify myself."
Good editing by Turbina : )

My country has three main areas each of whose residence have their own specified voice and tone.

This is not very clear. Are they three types of communities?

When their laugh burst out loudly, my tears dripped.

As their laugh burst out loudly, my tears began to roll over my cheeks.

Yet no one saw me cry because I did not let them think I was a coward.

Yet no one saw me crying because I did not wish them see me as coward.

For months later, I had spent most of my time on studying and I got the first place in the class.

After some months, I grabbed the first place at the year end examination.
OP thaonguyen1901 10 / 29 3  
Thank you a lot Dumi and Turbina. I learned a lot from you two !

Home / Undergraduate / Eugene Lang : A time when I was in the minority.