"Everyone knows there are two types of people in the world." - U Chicago

Tatia 1 / 3  
Dog and Cat. Coffee and Tea. Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye. Everyone knows there are two types of people in the world. What are they?

If weather is nasty or if I just heard some terrible gossip about my close friend or if I feel 100 pounds more than I really am, in other words if anything goes wrong with me, first thing that comes to my mind is shopping! Best therapy that I can ever think of.

Once in a month or so I regularly go out to find the perfect one, no matter what it just has to be the one that I looked for, even though, I never know what I am going to buy. I like to compare it to a hunting; its entertaining, competitive, exciting and full of surprises.

However shopping is something that needs to be learned. You should learn shopping and by that I don't mean reading 200 pages book or taking a shopping class at school. What I mean is that you should be very conscious of yourself: what you like, what is your style, what fits you best and after all what you want. According to that there are two types of people: those who know their style and care for it, and those who doesn't even know what I am talking about right now; style and appearance is unfamiliar concept for them.

Some people say that, how you look doesn't really matter, what you are inside of those clothes that is what matters. The key thing in that statement is that, how you look on surface mirrors your personality. And I learned that from my personal experience.

One of the times, when I was out for shopping I realized that I was one size bigger. It was pretty difficult period of time for me. I was experiencing lot of changes in my life, naturally followed with lot of stress. So I began to eat, in order to feel satisfied and forget all of the problems. The result was my one size bigger shirt. I felt concerned about it and immediately took actions to stop myself from bad habits. From that experience I found that first: - your difficulties in life resembles your appearance and second- destroying yourself because of personal problems is never solution but a defeat.

If my experience is not enough to be conceived in the truth of my statement, think of people who doesn't have much money or ability to buy expensive and new clothes but still look stylish and modern. That's because their personality doesn't allow them not to look good. Those kind of people will never let themselves down, have high self-confidence and always know what they want or have straight-forward opinion on everything. And you can tell all of that by just one glance!

On other hand think of people, who have lots of money and opportunity to buy all those fancy clothes from all over the world. One wish and they have it all! And still, their style and appearance is complete disaster, they just don't look right, with not-matching clothes, often times spotted with food or sometimes its not even washed or ironed for a months. Because they don't care, appearance is not their priority! All they care is comfort. If they feel comfortable they will walk around the whole city with the pajamas and slippers. Those kind of people have low self-confidence, doesn't have good hygiene and usually they don't know what to do in an unfamiliar situation, they give up very easily too.

Therefore I think that those two types of people never or pretty rarely get along with each other. Because they don't have same interests and priorities, they just think differently.

And one more thing; one might say that judging people especially by the surface is not a good and fair thing but, I can argue that all we do is judge! Our daily life consists of constantly judging people!
success212 2 / 5  
One thing you always have to remember is that you always have to keep your readers interested and tied into what they are reading. Am afraid I did not get the whole concept of what you were talking about. I actually couldnt wait for it to be over. i can see you are getting some where and apparently you are a good writer but its all over the place and the grammer needs to be fixed. Hope i could help. i would love to see an update. keep me posted
I like this essay very much.. it is so energized and real!

...with me, the first thing that comes to my mind is shopping!

It is the best therapy that I can ever think of.

And one more thing; one might say that judging people especially by the surface is not a good and fair thing but, I can argue that all we do is judge! Our daily life consists of constantly judging people!---I think this is so true! You are right...

According to that there are two types of people: those who know their style and care for it, and those who doesn't don't even know what I am talking about right now; style and appearance are unfamiliar concepts for them.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Everyone knows there are two types of people in the world." - U Chicago