'everyone in NYC is in a rush' - villanova essay

myjeselle 4 / 3  
be brutal :)

Emblazoned on our University Seal is a flaming heart which symbolizes St. Augustine's passionate search to know God and love others. What sets your heart on fire?

Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Many things in life go unnoticed as people race to complete their daily routines. These little things, that are often overlooked, set my heart ablaze.

With New York City only a train stop away, it is no wonder why I spend most of my time there. Whether I am sitting on the red steps in Times Square or strolling through the Financial District, I noticed something: everyone is in a rush. It made me wonder, "How can anyone appreciate reaching their destination without fully experiencing the journey?"

Ever since I was little, I was extremely sentimental towards my surroundings. I notice the streetlights I pass on my way to buy gelato, and the stickers that adorn them. I notice the struggling artist painting on books covers every time I am in the Village, and the anxious look he gives each passerby. Insignificant or not, I feel these tidbits are vital to my way of living. Every time I visit these areas, I expect to see these familiar figures. When I do, my heart is ignited with flames of recognition and warm nostalgia. If these "sparks" were suddenly absent, a part of my life would be missing, and my heart a dark icebox.

Whether it is indulging in a pleasant breeze from the Hudson River or receiving a smile from a local florist, concepts that might seem commonplace hold a great significance in my heart. They are the "sparks" that set my heart ablaze. Without them, I would not be able to appreciate extreme events in my life. It is like a beautiful mosaic that could not have been made without the fragments that comprise it. After all, a fire cannot be started without a tiny spark.
saurabh93 11 / 94  
It is good how you found the deeper meaning between the prompt about what sets your heart on fire and the thrill of looking at the beauty of seemingly mundane occurrences. Short and to the point. That's good

Good luck, and please help me if possible. :]

Home / Undergraduate / 'everyone in NYC is in a rush' - villanova essay