Everything it has to offer; What I find appealing about Columbia

mclark13 8 / 7 5  
Please tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia and why.

I look out my dorm room window towards the exquisite New York skyline. I feel the crisp September air breeze through my hair, infused with centuries of rich history. The same air breathed by thousands of brilliant, world-changing minds from Alexander Hamilton to Ezra Koenig. Looking around at the students walking to class, knowing that every one of them is a new idea, that every person I see had the potential to enlighten every life they touch.

Of everything Columbia has to offer, from the stellar core curriculum to the extensive resources, this is the experience I look forward to most. To receive the opportunity to interact with the brilliant minds of my time and to hear about their philosophies and experiences from their own lips, giving me a glimpse of the impact my generation will have on the future.
worriedjuan123 3 / 4 1  
Really well written. In my opinion, I would change "To receive..." to something like "To be given.." or something in those lines. It just didn't go well. Erase "from their own lips".

Home / Undergraduate / Everything it has to offer; What I find appealing about Columbia