'excel in electrical and electronic engineering program' - Transfer essay

unknown 1 / 1  
Please provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.
I started playing tennis at the age of 16, I do get good in sports quite quickly and after 2 years I was competing at national level and reaching pre quarters and quarter final quite continuously*. When I was doing my A levels, I wanted to keep playing and learning tennis with other extra-curricular activities and this was what I planned for my university life years.

3 months have passed and its Christmas holidays and I finally got a chance to think about my University life so far and now I regret not applying to right universities during my A Levels. I have learned enormously about electronic and electrical stuff by the teaching of world class professors of (university name). But when, I was heading to --- for my degree, I wanted to learn more stuff than just my degree program. I wanted to learn proper dance, play guitar or piano, ice skating and try other sports.

Now when I looked back at three months, I think I learned only electrical stuff only without exploring anything else. I am feeling like I am being forced to stop from exploring my passion and interest besides studies. I want to study in such a university where learning does not stop at the classroom but it continues beyond its walls to the sport grounds. Unfortunately the sports facilities are so bad in --- that there is hardly any sport facility in its campus! Not having a single tennis court was quite heart breaking for me.

---- staff and students are really helping and caring. There is absolutely no problem with --- teaching, environment, or students. My main reasons for transferring might not seemed quite important for some parents and people for whom university years means just learning academically. I believe --- should provide students with some sport facilities and allow students to select modules like the way USA universities allow their students to. If I was given a chance I would have taken classes of dance+ music with my engineering program just like way universities in USA allows.

I think if I stayed here, than I would just excel in electrical and electronic engineering program without learning something out of classroom. But I want to learn more than that, I want to learn more things than just academics, that not includes sports and music but also grow as personality wise by taking public speaking classes too. I want to strive for excellence in academics with all my effort and hard work but I want to grow as a person who can handle pressure, tension and problems of practical and social life which I believe can be learned only outside the classroom and these are the objectives I want to achieve.
Sabahm5456 2 / 4  
Instead of saying "I don't get good at sports quickly say sports don not come easy to me yet after two years I was...quarter finals...don't say continuously

What electrical stuff? Have you learned?-don't say ,stuff, in your essay

HTonestly this essay is pretty good and has a good story but you must work on grammer!!!I know you aren't native to English but try and read other peoples essay and rephrase your sentences to fit their formatting
OP unknown 1 / 1  
thx for helping.. yes english is not my native language but i will try to improve the structure of essay .. help appreciated..

Home / Undergraduate / 'excel in electrical and electronic engineering program' - Transfer essay