'Excelling in tennis' - Common app.. short answer "ANY ACTIVITY"

akashnegi 8 / 23  
hello everyone!

I did the common app.. short answer .. please can someone give editing suggestions and shortening ideas because the limit is 150 words and i wrote about 181 words.. pls someone help.

In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer).

Extracurricular activities have been a very integral part of my life. Although I never played in any big team or professionally, I often play sports for leisure and fitness. I have tried my hand in numerous types of sports and even mastered some! The current sport in which I excel is Tennis. Although I started playing Tennis in 2007, it has become an important part of my life and I cannot even think of any survival without it. Tennis has helped me a lot in meeting new people of diverse cultures and beliefs. Every week, I meet at least one to two new people either from a different country or a different level of play. Tennis is a very good game to learn a variety of skills which prove to be a necessity in the future. It can teach you how to behave and praise the opponent when you were defeated by him and how not to overreact when you win a game. Playing Tennis also improved me in how to take and respond to challenges with utmost dedication and determination.

thanks for reading and posting a suggestion!

merry christmas!
alicimoo 3 / 24  
Extracurricular activities have been a very integral part of my life. Although I HAVE never played in ON any (PROFESSIONAL --you don't even really need this) big team or professionally , I often play sports for leisure and fitness. I have tried my hand in numerous types of sports FOR LEISURE and HAVE even mastered some! The current sport in which I excel IN is Tennis. Although I JUST started playing Tennis in 2007, it has become an important part of my life and I cannot even IMAGINE LIFE think of any survival without it.

Tennis has helped me a lot in meeting MEET new people of diverse cultures and beliefs. Every week, I meet at least one to two new people either from a different country or a different level of play.

^Somehow reword or combine the two sentences.

Tennis is a very good GREAT game to learn a variety of LIFE skills which prove to be a necessity in the future. , SUCH AS GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. it can teach you how to behave and praise the opponent when you were defeated by him and how not to overreact when you win a game. Playing Tennis HAS also TAUGHT improved me in how to take and respond to challenges with utmost dedication and determination.
ahpahf723 4 / 5  
hi, I think your intro is a bit long and unnecessary. You can just start the paragraph with one particular sport, which is tennis in your case.

For example,
"Tennis has been an intergral part in my life..."
and you could explain why it has been so important and how it affected
your life in a positive way.
OP akashnegi 8 / 23  
thanks for the suggestions.. i will try to incorporate them into this short answer.
priscileung 10 / 42  
Yea, since the limit is so short, you can just dive straight into it. And just a grammatical thing - you don't need to capitalize tennis every time you mention it...
OP akashnegi 8 / 23  
Thank You eveyone . this helped a lot...
Although I started playing Tennis in 2007, it has become an important part of my life and I cannot even think of survival without it.

Every week, I meet at least one or two new people either from a different country or a different level of play.

Tennis is a very good game to learn a variety of skills which will prove to be a necessity in the future.

It can teach you how to behave and praise the opponent when you were defeated by him, and how not to overreact when you win a game. Playing Tennis also improved me in how to take and respond to challenges with utmost dedication and determination.

Hope this helps:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Excelling in tennis' - Common app.. short answer "ANY ACTIVITY"