I am excited to expand my horizon ; George Washington University

alecblumenfeld 5 / 9 1  
I am always active when it comes to the latest technology news, and technology is becoming something that has been structurally changed because of our policy makers. The majority of the existing laws are not clear when it comes to today legal disputes over tech-related issues. The evolution of technology moves so swiftly that a reform of everything from anti-trust to patent interpretation. Working somewhere that has influence over this topic is a place that I see myself being involved with in the future.

That is why George Washington University poses such a great opportunity to me. The environment of Washington D.C. encapsulates the policy makers that weigh on how the public will use and interact with the most valuable resource in the world, information. As someone who can see them self in a role of working for or starting a Tech Company it would be a privilege to be able to have the foresight for not only the technical or financial side but from the legislative perspective as well.

The Office of Entrepreneurship shows GW's commitment to stay on the bleeding edge of business and technology. Providing internships and opportunities to students so that they have all the tools that they need when they graduate to be successful in not only today's global economic structure but also the one on the horizon.

There always seems to be a sense of enthusiasm in the voice of someone who is talking about George Washington University. Whenever I spoke to a student I could tell how much they adored their school, and when I had the opportunity to stay with a student on campus I was excited to go and glad that I did.

Some people complain that GW does not have a separated campus, but I can hardly see how that is a negative feature. What a university should do is to introduce students to the real world rather than shepherd them into a bubble. I thrive in urban settings and am galvanized by the possibilities and opportunities. Additionally, the internship and employment opportunities available to GW students are incredible. Having access to hands-on learning in such a diverse and complex city is why I want to go to GW. I am excited to expand my horizon in a way that no other school or environment could allow me to.
mystictiger 5 / 11  
"Bleeding edge"- I was thinking maybe you can use a word more like cutting edge instead.
"Whenever I spoke to a student I could tell how much they adored their school, and when I had the opportunity to stay with a student on campus I was excited to go and glad that I did."

Correction: Whenever I spoke to a student, I could tell how much they adored their school, and when I had the opportunity to stay with a student on campus I was excited to go and was glad that I did.

Home / Undergraduate / I am excited to expand my horizon ; George Washington University