uc prompt #2. experience that is important to me. boarding school

Godizgood 3 / 18  
I remember pulling my bag as I walked into Holy Rosary International. I was finally a high school student and the best part was that I was going to a boarding school. As I walked through that gate I did not really know what to feel. I had mixed emotions. I felt happy because I was going to live my friends. I also felt sad because I was going to miss my home . After checking in my belongings my grandmother left and I had to cope without her. Life at boarding school was definitely different from the life I was used to. I had to wake up at 5.00 am every morning and get ready for the day. At first I found it difficult to adjust and get accustomed to my new routine, but I knew that if I wanted to move at the same pace with the other kids and I had to follow the rountine. This experience made my proud of my self because it showed me that I can adjust to any situation that I am faced with. I learned to wake up on time and get ready for the day. I also stayed on top of my schoolwork without my grandmother telling me to do so. During my stay in boarding school I discovered that I was a very hardworking and determined young lady who strives to get whatever she puts her mind into. For example in the second semester of my freshman year, my school was having a speech contest and the topic was on inequality. I signed up to give a speech because I had a very strong opinion on the issue, I thought it was wrong. Two days before the speech I started feeling sick. The school officials asked me to go home but I refused and insisted on staying because I wanted to give my speech. I was very sick but because I was very passionate about the topic at hand I stayed and gave my speech. It also showed me that I was very versatile and can multitask. I managed three clubs, played sports and also managed to keep up with my school work. It did not matter if I was with my grandmother or not, I knew that I was my own person and I was here to prove that point. I knew that I did not need anyone to manage myself around. I had to take what my grandmother had taught me practice it day by day until I made it even better, until I made it my own. I knew to choose my friends wisely. Just as the saying goes "Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. My grandmother always told me to make friends that have the same goal in life like I did. When I was at school I did not have my grandmother with me to tell me what to do. I still did the right thing because I knew that I had to think for myself and make good decisions in order to succeed in life.
After checking in my belongings, my grandmother had left, so I had to cope without her.

Hey, this is a great topic, and you write very nicely. I like the beginning, where you say "the best part was that it was boarding school." It shows your optimism.

You need to use paragraphs! Maybe I just cannot see them because of the way the text appears on the discussion post? If you did not use paragraphs, go back and fix it. Give one paragraph for each thought, and fully explain and reflect on each thought.

Home / Undergraduate / uc prompt #2. experience that is important to me. boarding school