Experience with Karate , My Common Application Short Answer

AmethystLiang 1 / 8  
Hi, guys! This is my short answer for my common application. I hope you can give me some advice on its grammar and its very idea.

I' m a Chinese, so I know there are a lot of problems with the usage of words in the paragraph. Please do help me to find out .Thank you very much!

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum)

The first time I saw karate on TV, I was captured and started my pursue for karate.
Every experience in my karate training is filled with sweat and joyfulness. After running around the field for more than 5 times as warming up , I practice the basic techniques over and over again. Then I have to do the kicks for numerous times . One important thing in the process is to face the attack bravely since I have to fight against the biological instinct to close my eyes while a fist is headed for my face so as to efficiently defend myself. Also, I have to hold the target for others ,bearing every strong attack while at the same time keeping the target still. I learnt that one has to be courageous and forbearing in order to succeed because as demonstrate in karate " To beat down others , one has to learn to be beaten first."
lotte94 1 / 2  
AmethystLiang
Hi,
I like the energy of your answer and I like the last line.
I think it could be more effective if you opens with the drama of being hit in the face as below...good luck.

I have to fight against the biological instinct to close my eyes while a fist is headed for my face. Not only is it necessary to efficienty defend myself, I must also practice my kicks and punches....The first time I saw karate on TV...
OP AmethystLiang 1 / 8  
Thank you , Charlotte! I do think it's much better to organize the paragraph like the way you said. Good advice!

Home / Undergraduate / Experience with Karate , My Common Application Short Answer