Essay on personal experience to NUS

AmyRemus 9 / 24  
[b]Topic: This section is an opportunity for you to elaborate on the information you have provided earlier. You may wish to discuss a special talent, a personal experience or an activity that you have been involved in that is of relevance to the course that you are applying for at the university.

As there is only limited space (2000 characters), you are encouraged to present your ideas in focused and thoughtful manner.

What people say is true: college life is a landmark of a person's life. To me, being a college girl has been an unparalleled experience since its first days.

It was a special day when I ran into a recruitment announcement for an event named Greeting Day. It was to welcome new students; therefore all freshmen were encouraged to sign up for various positions in the organizing team. Though I had scarcely played a leading role before, I thought I should give myself a chance. Therefore, I urged myself not to oversee such a once in a lifetime occasion.

The video plot which I first proposed received both extolment and criticism. It should convey the message of the new class of students: their commitment to bring a fresh and active addition to the campus. Thus, I had to make much effort to balance between different ideas and adding spicy humor to a serious content. In two weeks, I scrutinized the college campus for appropriate settings, and mobilized a volunteer group of actors.

As the day for filming got nearer, I felt a twist of excitement and anxiety. In fact, I had a few experiences of co-directing video clips at high school. They taught me that it was hard to organize a group of people even with long time mutual understanding. Then how tough it would be to assign proper tasks to those whose ability and characteristics remained unrevealed - my partners and I had never met in person!

On the interview day, there were many freshmen showing up, all of which were friendly and enthusiastic. A shudder ran across my backbone: What if I fail to meet their expectations? Confused as I may, I arranged intimate interviews with the candidates, testing their relevance for the roles. I chose some to play the protagonists and others the extras. The whole cast and crew soon turned into an attentive and comfortable working atmosphere.

The tension haunting me at first had languished and been supplanted by alacrity and determination. There were scenes that we filmed and re-filmed many times before totally satisfied. Both the actors and director worked as if we had been anticipating an Oscar prize, laughing heartily like we never had.

The Greeting Day has led to a big change in me. It was not so much the warm applause or thumb-ups that the audience gave me as the invaluable chance to raise my voice that has made me mature. It has also transformed me into a more social and confident college girl ever since.

It was a special day when I ran into a recruitment announcement for an event called Greeting Day. Its purpose was to welcome new students; therefore all freshmen were encouraged to sign up for various positions in the organizing team. Though I had scarcely played a leading role before, I thought I should give myself a chance. Therefore, I urged myself not to pass up such a once in a lifetime occasion.

The video plot which I first proposed received both extolment and criticism. It should convey the message of the new class of students: their commitment to bring a fresh and active addition to the campus. Thus, I had to balance different ideas while adding spicy humor to serious content. In two weeks, I searched the college campus for an appropriate settings, and mobilized a volunteer group of actors.

...

Confused as I was , I arranged intimate interviews with the candidates, testing their relevance for the roles. I chose some to play the protagonists and others the extras.

It was not so much the warm applause or thumb-ups that the audience gave me as it was the invaluable chance to raise my voice that has made me mature. It transformed me into a more social and confident college girl.

Home / Undergraduate / Essay on personal experience to NUS