My experience of raising money for charity Anyone check it

Jefferdson8787 1 / -  
Recently, my class participated in an one-day activity which is about raising money for those children who don't have mother nor father and are too young to support themselves. Our class possess compassion for these orphans that they don't have a happy beginning of their life,consequently,we have decided to raise money for them in order to support their living .

Firstly,we went to the city centre of Cambridge where thousands of people were walking through the street ,and we separated into four teams then started to raise money. Nevertheless,we found out that it was quite hard to raise money as we were not in the name of well known charities,such as Red cross ,World Vision,and so on. Although there was not a great number of people willing to donate money, I felt pleasant that there are still some benevolent people who possess genorosity and share their wealth with others.

Eventually,we have raised 60 pounce in total.Despite the fact that this money cannot really help those orphans ,we have learned a lesson that we should cherish everything provided by our parents because we are really fortunate to born in such a lovely family.
halleybachelor 16 / 25 1  
those children who don't have mother nor father

those children who don't have mother or father
or
those children who don't have mother and father

Maybe the latter is what you want to say.
Firstly,we went to the city centre of Cambridge wherethousands of people were walking through the street ,and we separated into four teams then started to raise money.

Well, it's obvious that city centers have many people walking. Do not emphasize very obvious facts too much :(
First, we formed four teams and began our fund raising campaign at the city center of Cambridge which is always crowded with people.

Nevertheless,we found out that it was quite hard to raise money as we were not in the name of well known charities,such as Red cross ,World Vision,and so on.

However, we found that it was very hard to convince people to donate money for our mission because we were not a popular charity group like Red Cross, World Vision etc.

Eventually,we have raised 60 pounce in total.

Finally we were able to collect sixty pounds in total.

Home / Undergraduate / My experience of raising money for charity Anyone check it