Experience relating to religious diversity as a response to an admission prompt?

horn15 1 / 1  
Would an essay about an experience relating to religious diversity be an appropriate response to the admission prompt "Share an experience for which you have gained respect for intellectual, social, or cultural differences. Comment on how your personal experiences and achievements would contribute to the diversity of the University of MIchigan"?
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
It depends on how you write it. What topics are you going to discuss?
OP horn15 1 / 1  
I'm describing a day where religious representatives came into my high school and talked to us about their religions. I wanted to show that I both learned more about these religions and gained respect for each religion and religious diversity in general.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
"Share an experience through which you have gained respect for intellectual, social, or cultural differences."
I would think that religion deserves its own category but it is not included. This shows that UofM either does not want you to write about religion or that it wants you to write about it in a way that fits into these three categories.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Religion counts as a cultural difference. That's a fine topic for the essay, especially if the day really did lead you to gain enhanced respect for other religions.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
Religion counts as a cultural difference.

I see...

Home / Undergraduate / Experience relating to religious diversity as a response to an admission prompt?