"experienced a lot of new things" - Common Application.

GHS2UChicago 3 / 13  
I'm not sure if this should be in essay form or not, so any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Over the summer, I experienced a lot of new things. I picked up interest in Fishing, Golfing and Tennis-I will try to make the tennis team in Spring. I took calculus II at my local community college; the experience was fascinating. I got a firsthand experience of what college is like. I learned that in college, it was all about responsibility. Students had a lot of freedom; it was up to them if they want study or not. Each day the class lasted for four hours, and we had quiz everyday-on things from the previous day or on what we have just learned. It was totally different from what it is like to be in high school. Due to my underestimating of college class and procrastination, I only got a B in that class. But I not only learned something about calculus but also learned some valuable knowledge that applies to real life situations. I shall never again underestimate anything, and from now on responsibility is everything. I also took the IL Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification (FSSMC)course and passed the class. The class last 10 hours a day, way harder than high school and college. It was not the material but the length of the class got me. But most of the managers there handled it like it was nothing. I finally got to know what a responsible adult is like. Also, I had applied for American Citizenship, so I should become an American citizen before I attend college-if I will get accepted by the University. Another thing, I am going to take the October ACT and the November SAT Subject Tests(Math 2 and Chinese with Listening).

Please look over my grammar and any other criticism is welcomed. Feedback on ANYTHING in ANYWAY.
Admissions essays should say something good about you. This doesn't, really, except that you like to procrastinate, and know enough to say you've learned your lesson and won't do it again. Decide what you want the essay to say about you, then write about one or more of your interests in a way that shows us that you possess whatever quality you have chosen.

Home / Undergraduate / "experienced a lot of new things" - Common Application.