Our experiences define ourselves; Mercersburg Essay/ Myself at Mercersburg

OhBeExGmoney 1 / 3  
I am applying to a private school in PA. I have to write and essay with no word limit on "How do I hope to define myself at Mercersburg, and how will my presence in their student body help to define their school?" I am having trouble writing about this topic! I dont know how to set up my essay after the introdution and what to mention in the following paragraphs.

Heres what I have so far:

Mercersburg Essay

Prompt: "How do you hope to define yourself at Mercersburg, and how will your presence in our student body help to define our school?"

After thinking about this prompt for awhile I have come to believe that we do not define ourselves, but the experiences we have and the way we handle them define us. We define ourselves with words that do not exist; the words out of one's mouth cannot explain how they will react in a situation. For example you can say you are a good person but it takes good deeds that you've done to define yourself as a good person. As I dwell on this thought, I pounder on what other think of this topic. Mercersburg is an experience of a live time that would define even the most imperfect people for the better. I believe the experiences that I can have at Mercersburg would be an amazing opportunity. My mom talks about the experiences she had at Mercersburg and I believe that is how she found what she was meant to do and why she was put on this earth. I believe that those are to major components to defining yourself.

What should I include after this and what should I write about??

Please help its due by Jan. 15, 2013
HarvardAccept - / 57 24  
How do you fit for the school. Don't make the mistake of showing how the school fits for you. The school knows that it is a good school and has good programs. Show how your personality/talents/uniqueness is a great addition for the school.

I would open with something about yourself and then conclude with Mercersburg stresses the importance of *insert all the things you wrote about*. Then say something like: "At Mercersburg, I will feel at home and be surrounded with those that are similar to yet unique from me. I will be given the opportunity to express all of my ideas."

Never use maybe, I would. Be affirmative in what you are writing. Don't say: "If I get in Mercersburg, I will...", simply say: "At Mercergsburg, I will..."

Hope I helped.
br2pi5 10 / 70  
Hope I helped.

Hello HarvardAccept! Could you please take a look at my essay? -
HarvardAccept - / 57 24  
If you want, write it and give me a shout. I will edit it for grammar and diction/syntax.
mahmoudjendy 7 / 17  
HarvardAccept... can u look at my essay here ..essayforum.com/undergraduate-essays-2/common-app-essay-47150/

Home / Undergraduate / Our experiences define ourselves; Mercersburg Essay/ Myself at Mercersburg