BU- What expiriences have led you to choose your field of major

Andrewquartey 1 / -  
I eagerly pummeled my aunt's audio cassette player with a stone, wanting to see what was within. It was a sweltering afternoon and I had just returned from school. I was gracelessly dressed in my house attire; I hadn't even taken my launch. The radio was but a day old, for my aunt had brought it from work the previous evening.

Earlier on at school, my mind had been filled with thoughts of what I would see after I took the cassette player apart. I was invariably jostled out of my reveries by a tap on the desk, a call from a friend, or a remark from my teacher. I was itching to go home, to dive into the reality of my fantasies....

After an hour or so of hard work, the cassette player broke. I put my fingers between the cracks and forced it open, tearing it apart with the little strength that I had. When it opened, when I saw its interior, I was awed, enthralled by such magnificent workmanship. I was fascinated, staring at the complex and intricate machinations of a complex and intricate machine. Of course, the cassette player was sophisticated for me at the time; how it worked, everything about it, because I was just seven years old. I touched the various components with trembling hands; I was deeply moved by the sight. I later made away with the motor and performed countless bizarre experiments on it. The abandoned cassette player lay in the heat at the backyard. Later that evening, I received a good spank from my aunt, congratulating me for a job well done!

Over the years, I have had lots of similar experiences with electronic and electrical appliances. When I open electronic apparatus, out of curiosity, I often connect different terminals with wires just to see what will happen. (I blew up our sound system once whilst doing this).With my knowledge from school, I know what resistors, capacitors, transistors and many other electronic and electrical devices look like, how they work, and where to expect to find them on circuit boards. So when I open an electrical apparatus, I go about my "work" like a research engineer seriously analyzing his product. I love electronics; I see beauty in the ICs, and in the mother boards. And with cutting-edge innovations such as Apple's iPhone and Intel's core i7 processor on the market, my appetite is whetted all the more to do what I love to do best.

I desire to do electrical engineering at Boston University in order to gratify this innate desire of mine. I want to develop my own electronic piece of equipment and not just meddle with what others have made. I believe that when I take the electrical engineering course at Boston University, I will be perfectly prepared to efficiently run my own electrical and electronics manufacturing firm.
chickpig 9 / 26  
The essay leaves me with a good impression. Just a small error here:

I was gracelessly dressed in my house attire; I hadn't even taken my launch lunch.
r991183878 6 / 19  
I like your essay but I would like to see more written in that last paragraph where you describe why you want to "develop my own electronic piece of equipment" rather than "meddle with what others have made". Maybe go on more about how you would like to turn this hobby of meddling with electronics into something more meaningful and significant, and how that small experience with that cassette has inspired you to do more and by attending BU, you will be able to not only gain more knowledge in something you are passionate about, you will be able to start your own firm etc. etc.
I eagerly pummeled my aunt's audio cassette player with a stone, wanting to see what was within.

BEST FIRST SENTENCE I HAVE READ ALL DAY!!!

The radio was but a day old, for my aunt had brought it from work the previous evening. ----> Hahahah!!! :)

Of course, the cassette player was sophisticated for me at the time; how it worked, the components involved, and the interrelationships among them were beyond my understanding, because I was just seven years old.

I desire to study electrical engineering at Boston University in order to gratify this innate desire of mine .
jennc09 4 / 64  
I really enjoyed reading your essay. Keep revising it and it should be perfect.
ichid99 9 / 10  
This is a great essay. I enjoyed the opening paragraph and great organization. There are very minimal mistakes. Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / BU- What expiriences have led you to choose your field of major