Explain in detail what you aim to learn within your college of choice (APM/APS) / relation to future

KaitoNgx 1 / 1  

APU Entrance Essay

Explain in detail what you aim to learn within your college of choice (APM/APS) and how it relates to your future. (Max 150 words)

As a 10th grader, the opportunity to get to know about domestic economics and business management through a school subject actually enlightened my mind about my dream job. And my chosen path has become more resolute when I came across APU's College of International Management on the Internet. As the college provides a broad range of courses with highly qualified lecturers, I feel certain that my quest for international management will be fully satisfied. Moreover, APU is very famous for its cultural diversity. Experiencing different cultures and connecting with international students will teach me how to think and act globally. Furthermore, since APU is located in Japan, I can continue pursuing my interest in Japanese traditions, language and culture. All in all, APU is exactly where I want to be in the future and I will take pride in contributing to the community as an APU student.

Feel free to make any suggestions, thank you very much :)
@KaitoNgx your essay is actually providing a non-answer to the prompt requirements. If you already know what your dream job is, then you would not have needed to be enlightened about it. the information that you provided regarding your choice of college does not show a clear understanding of the demands of the course requirements from this university. You need to start of with an explanation of your career plans. What career do you hope to truly participate in as a professional? Why did you opt to pursue that field? What is it about the APU College of International Management that you feel meets the demands that you have regarding your education in this field? Show the reviewer that you are familiar with the university beyond the blurbs that were written on their website, which somehow managed to make it into your response statement. Do more research on the college and how it relates to your plans then draft a new response statement. Don't discuss how you are interested in Japanese culture and traditions, languages and any other country specific information. You are not going on a tour of Japan, you are going there to get an education. Therefore, your response should be purely academic in tone and focus.
OP KaitoNgx 1 / 1  
I've done a new version, could you check it out?

Since working for an international company, contributing my ideas and building effective strategies for them has been my future career goal for a long time, I soon realized that I need to be a dynamic global citizen who has the ability to work in this changing world. The APM has exactly what I want, by providing essential courses during the first 2 years, I am able to achieve necessary knowledge to pursue my later major which is Strategic Management and Organization. Studying at the APU can help me to have a broad understanding of the economic system in Asia Pacific and the world. Moreover, I can learn how to set goals and develop methods for an organization as well as recruit, manage and provide direction for people in a company. All in all, APU is exactly where I want to be and I will definitely attend if I get accepted.

Home / Undergraduate / Explain in detail what you aim to learn within your college of choice (APM/APS) / relation to future