Explain why you are interested in the first-choice major-Mathematics?

nepal2 1 / 2  
Please check this supplement and provide me feedback.

Mathematics has been one of the most important subject to me since I have started my education. I never took it as difficult and boring subject but rather always enjoyed learning it. I enjoy exploring its pattern, structure and depth. Mathematics is more than just learning concepts and theorems. It requires the process of logical analysis, creativity and thinking which I admire the most. It helps me develop the imagination as well as process of thinking and logical analysis. Its limitless and unrestricted field provides me an opportunity to study wide range of topics as well as to apply different ideas and methods to solve challenging problems.

What I like the most about Mathematics is that it has everyday use. Fields like science and technology, business and astronomy are incomplete without Mathematics. The Rubik's cube can be solved with algorithms and a rocket's speed can be calculated using integration. As I found these new connections, I noticed new facts in every questions. Every new problem gives my brain task of analyzing and the solution gives me immense pleasure of satisfaction. Mathematics cannot be apart from my life and I will continue learning its theorems and applying them in everyday life.
Nepal, your essay should be forward thinking in terms of presentation. Think of your future as a Mathematician and what you hope to accomplish as such instead of simply using your first paragraph as a look back on the reasons or the foundation for your love for Math. A response like that will really explain your interest in your first choice major. The best way to open this word limited essay is with the following paragraph:

What I like the most about Mathematics is that it has everyday use. Fields like science and technology, business and astronomy are incomplete without Mathematics...

This paragraph immediately delivers the response to the prompt. All that is missing after this paragraph, will be main reasons why you are interested in pursuing this degree. You can explain how you want to solve an unsolvable math problem such as one of 6 remaining Millenium Prize problems or an Additive Number Theory or other similar Math concepts that require you pursue a math degree. Give a simple run down of what your ambitions are and what you hope to accomplish in the future. the two paragraph concept is the proper way to respond to this essay. What is your limit by the way? It will help if you tell me so that I can better guide you in the development of your response.
OP nepal2 1 / 2  
Thank-you for your feedback @vangiespen.
The word limit is 200.
I hope you will help.
Nepal, I am not sure if you will appreciate that I meddled with the content of your essay when I revised it. I changed the flow of the paragraphs and removed sentences that I felt were irrelevant to your response. The moves that I did reduced the essay further down to 137 precisely positioned words. I hope this version of the essay works for you :-)

What I like the most about Mathematics is that it has everyday use. I never took it as difficult ...

You can revise what I wrote if you want to or you can use it with your application packet. Just let me know what you decided to do and I will be right here to help you out :-)
OP nepal2 1 / 2  
Thanks @vangiespen for your kind suggestion.
I feel first 3 sentences are jumbled up breaking the flow of the essay. The rest is good.

I have revised and this is my new draft.
Please give your comments.

What I like the most about Mathematics is that it has everyday use. Fields like science and technology, business and astronomy apply it in their every aspect. It is amazing and more than just learning concepts and theorems. It requires the process of logical analysis, creativity and thinking. I enjoy exploring its pattern, structure and depth. Every time I face new problem, I find new connection where the new fact lies. Every new problem gives my brain the task of analyzing and finding the solution provides me immense pleasure and satisfaction. It has been one of the most important subject to me since I started my education. Mathematics cannot be apart from my life and I will continue learning its theorems, finding new facts and applying them in everyday life.

Home / Undergraduate / Explain why you are interested in the first-choice major-Mathematics?