Essay explaining why you have chosen to continue onto post-secondary

cras69 2 / 3  
This essay has a 250 word limit and is on an application I have to submit in a couple of days. Please let me know about any changes I should make. Thanks in advance.

"Knowledge is Power". I have read this phrase a hundred times over as I enter the main-gate of my school. This phrase, in a semi-circular alignment on the signboard, is the Motto of my school. I have been told the importance of knowledge and have witnessed it myself.

My father often reiterates the importance of education and how I must value it. He has narrated the stories of how knowledge has helped him reach where he is today. He never has second thoughts about an opportunity to learn. He encourages me to avail any such prospects and make best use of it.

During the farewell of Grade 12 students, the School Principal emphasized in his speech the value of knowledge we obtained in our years of study. He called it the 'soul of society' that passes down from one generation to the next and is what enables us to achieve our goals.

Each time I enter the school campus, the three words of the School Motto phrase inspires me. It reminds me that knowledge is what drives and keeps the world running. Knowledge helps leap over barriers and gain wider perspectives. It is what sets us free from the fetters to reach our full potential.

As I progress to pursue a post-secondary education, I intend to do exactly the same. I look forward to learning new skills and ideas to grasp abstract concepts and gain a better understanding of the world to become a productive member of society.
sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
witnessed it personally (not myself) - can be by myself.

Home / Undergraduate / Essay explaining why you have chosen to continue onto post-secondary