'exposed to many ethnic backgrounds, religions, and experiences' -Rutgers Cultural

fgongora 1 / -  
This is what I have so far. Suggestions are needed!

Rutgers University is a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. How would you benefit from and contribute to such an environment? Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences.

As member of the SALSA/ASPIRA club, I was able to participate in our "International Day", where all of the ethnic groups join together and celebrate diversity amongst one another. The exposure has contributed to my knowledge of diversity. As I walked the halls of the building, I noticed the vast transformation that each club put into the hallways in school. Walking through the Indian and Pakistani hallway, I actually felt as if I had been warped into their land. I learned their dances and ate their exotic food.

Although I did enjoy learning from each culture group, I especially had fun teaching others about my Hispanic ethnicity. Being part of a flavorful culture has its positives. One thing people always connect with Hispanics, are their dances. I cannot even begin to recall all the laughter and joy that was spread, just from participating in such a colorful day. Whether they looked goofy or clumsy, they carried with them a strong desire to learn. It was the same desire I felt while I strolled from one hallway to the next trying to learn about the Jewish, Muslim, Russian, Albanian, Chinese and Italian ethnic and religious crowds.

Rutgers's University has a broad variety of cultures. Each of those cultures is celebrated in different ways. Before entering high school, I was quite aware of the many cultures that surrounded me. But it was not until Central's High School's International Day that I could finally swallow my surroundings. My experiences in high school have opened my eyes and exposed me to many ethnic backgrounds, religions, and experiences. Gazing upon different flags, I learned the actual meaning of red represented on the Albanian flag: "hardiness, bravery, strength & valor". I was able to learn about the Muslim's lunar calendar; it is how they celebrate the month of Ramadan.
Dii 6 / 24  
This is a good piece of writing .
The piece of writing shows that you are an open-minded individual with a lot of knowledge about diversity and alot to contribute to the school's community but I think you should state briefly (a line or a couple of words) how you would benefit from the school.

Home / Undergraduate / 'exposed to many ethnic backgrounds, religions, and experiences' -Rutgers Cultural