Exposure&Opportunities/Business/Artificial Heart; Why NYU/Interests/ what Intrigues

kwmsaj 1 / 1  
Tell us why you have chosen the above campus (using a maximum of 700 characters-spaces and punctuation included).
The opportunity to study and develop in such an environment can only further develop me as a professional and as an individual. I would love to study at New York University because of your in-depth opportunities for undergraduates to study business in a truly global environment.

NYU is a diversified university with various benefits such as the close proximity of the university near Wall Street. This exposure provides business entrepreneurs like myself to be exposed to the Wall Street business environment as well as being taught by successful executives of Wall Street. This valuable exposure and experience would allow me to absorb and pass the knowledge to future entrepreneurs in my country.

NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses. 1500 character limit

I have always had a passion for business which I developed at a young age. My uncle is a successful businessman in the Middle East and he has influenced me to develop a fascination for different business entities. I am particularly interested in learning how small firms are able to overcome challenges and are able to become large businesses with a global presence. Due to my inherent interests, I am keen to pursue business studies with a bias towards Operations and Technology Management. This area of study has been influenced by global innovations in technology that have changed how business is carried out over the past few decades. The rise of internet businesses as well as new theories on business performance including concepts such as project management, leadership, motivation, ethics, knowledge management and others, have influenced my interest in this particular area of business.

I plan to be a business manager whom will lead a global business organization in the future. To prepare for this role, New York University was an obvious choice for me owing to the resources, competent personnel and facilities that the institution possesses. The fact that the university is located in a major global business hub, New York City, motivated me to join this institution. I believe that New York presents unique business challenges and a diverse population that provides important insights that every effective future manager should experience. I will take advantage of research facilities, able lecturers and experiences by the diverse student body to amass knowledge on Operations and Technology Management that will help me achieve my career goals. I am very excited at having an opportunity to learn business studies at New York University.

(I need to summarize this, it's 300 characters over the limit)

What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you. 1500 character limit

One of the things that intrigue me is the use of an artificial heart. In the past, people used to suffer from heart problems but none could survive because the heart is a sensitive body organ and once it fails, the human life is lost. It is important to note that one of the greatest desires of human beings is to live longer but a failing heart spells doom to such desires.

I will forever remain intrigued by the first implant of an artificial heart that was done in 1982 to a patient whose life had literary come to an end. However, this terrific scientific achievement prolonged the lifespan of this patient by more than 110 days (almost 4 months). How could this happen? How could a person deign a heart that could sustain the life of a human being? These were questions that hovered in my mind and still linger even today.

After 1982, incredible steps have been undertaken to make the artificial heart more effective in order to prolong the lifespan of human beings. Many heart patients live longer today after going through the artificial heart implant. It is obvious that with this discovery, scientists might one day be able to overcome the bitter sting of death by prolonging the lives of human beings through artificial heart implants. I am greatly intrigued by this scientific achievement because unlike many other scientific achievements, this concerns the most sensitive and delicate body organs. Connecting the artificial heart to body veins and arteries is incredible and amazing.

Thank you!
sunnybunny 2 / 10  
This exposure provides business entrepreneurs like myself with the opportunity/possibility to be exposed to the Wall Street

allow me to absorb and pass the knowledge on to future entrepreneurs in my country.

Very good otherwise! Good luck, and please take a look at mine! Thanks :)
OP kwmsaj 1 / 1  
Thank you, I'll check yours out!

Regarding your changes, it will exceed the 700 character limit :/

I'll try to figure something out.
sunnybunny 2 / 10  
NYU is a diversifieddiverse university

This exposure provides business entrepreneurs like myself to be exposed to the Wall Street

you don't need it and it's repetition in the sentence anyways ;)

This valuable exposure and experience

again ;)
sunnybunny 2 / 10  
PLease check out mine too!

Home / Undergraduate / Exposure&Opportunities/Business/Artificial Heart; Why NYU/Interests/ what Intrigues