Extra Curricular ( Common App) 150 Word Response

edgardz21 5 / 11  
In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer).

I think its weak :/
help?

The environmental club is committed to informing the community of hazardous threats to the environment as well as having weekly local cleanups. I joined the club my sophomore year and often assisted the president planning the agenda for the meetings. My junior year, I was elected as the junior representative. My job was to inform the junior class of any upcoming events and also plan and prepare events for the juniors. I planned a successful beach cleanup where we filled over thirty bags of trash. I was elected president my senior year and it has been the most successful year. I was able to increase membership from twenty to over forty. Since I have joined, I have spent most of my Saturdays cleaning up beaches. I have made an effort to incorporate everyone in the club as equal members of a team, therefore, maximizing our influence in the community.
demuredelight 2 / 22  
Edgar, try to describe a specific cleanup that you organized. It is better that you include details about a challenge and how you overcame it.
Let's not be so informal as to drop the word "during" when it is necessary:
I joined the club during my sophomore year and often assisted the president planning the agenda for the meetings. During my junior year, I was elected as the junior representative.

If you don't want to use during twice, replace the second one with the word "in."

Nice job, Edgar! Check out the EF Contributor page!

Home / Undergraduate / Extra Curricular ( Common App) 150 Word Response