fact versus fiction - Stanford.

ajayy 2 / 3  
- If it's alright, I'd love to hear your opinions and criticisms on this. I'll also post back in your own threads if you do. [=

Stanford students are widely known to possess a sense of intellectual vitality. Tell us about an idea or an experience you have had that you find intellectually engaging.

"Not everything can be explained by science alone."
"This can. Stop fantasizing about the possibility of a mythical reason."
"What if there is?"
I've always believed in the supernatural, because I find fascination in thinking that there exist some aspects in life that are beyond our ordinary understanding. That explains why anyone would have understood my longing to visit the Bermuda Triangle, and uncover the secrets lying behind it. As soon as my ears caught the debate revolving around the hidden truth of the Devil Triangle's nature, my stomach doubled with the force of fifty butterflies as my curiosity was aroused. I gained the need to become a part of this phenomenon, and I hoped that life would eventually lead me to this unusual region.

My brain kept producing new theories and assumptions, and my body longed for an excursion to that destination. I aspired for more information, and spent countless hours surfing the internet in search for websites that attempted to explain this rare occurrence; however, my thirst for knowledge could not be satisfied by mere web pages. I tried seeking life stories from people who went through this experience and managed to return, but how could I trust words that might portray lies? All I knew was that I needed to visit that place, and explore it with my own eyes. I find it rather thrilling that danger presumably surrounds this place, and it attracts me only more to this unique wonder. After hearing about the Bermuda Triangle, my brain wasn't able to be satisfied with simple explanations, and kept craving more of everything, including the disappearance of the Mary Celeste and the legend of Atlantis.
nighty_star12 3 / 5  
Put more emphasis on how it was intellectually engaging and how that reflects upon you. Personally, I would be a little bit more straightforward about the topic.
Mixta666 2 / 11  
Did you go? What steps are you taking to make the possibility come true?
I agree with the above person about explaining more.
Good job though

Home / Undergraduate / fact versus fiction - Stanford.