About the failure in the American Dream

melokour 1 / 2 1  
When you talk about the American Dream in general, you automatically consider the failure that the people who are living the dream went through. You also have to consider the hard challenges that these people went through. therefore, you have to know that each person went through failures in life, and they pass these failures, and be successful, just to live the American Dream.
John, please provide the complete prompt for the statement that you wrote. At this point, I don't know whether to give you advice based upon a statement presentation, or if this should be developed into a full length essay. I can only do that once I know the specific instructions for the development of this discussion. Kindly provide it as soon as possible. At the moment all that I can tell from what you have written is that it sounds like an introduction. An introduction that can be further developed into an essay. So far, you have only discussed the positive aspect of the American Dream. Where is the negative or failure aspect? Is this essay for a class or for a college application? There are so many questions and aspects to be considered for the completion of the essay at this point that it is almost impossible to provide accurate feedback. Please provide further instructions as soon as you can.
OP melokour 1 / 2 1  
Hi Holt!
This is for 12 grade English.
Here are the instructions:
"Post a short comment about the role of FAILURE in understanding the true nature of the American Dream. As always, use the DISCUSSION option to this assignment.

To receive full credit, your message must be written as 2 (or more) complete, grammatical sentences and be correctly posted before the start of class on the due date."

I'm really thankful for your help.
Here's an idea, why not make your approach to the essay a little bit more personable by relating your response to the American Dream of your family. I believe that you can better illustrate your response by presenting a relationship between the definition you are giving and the so- called "failures" of your family upon arriving in America, prior to slowly achieving your family's American Dream.

You can respond along the lines of:

My family lived in failure when we first moved to America. We failed to achieve the American Dream at the start because we did not understand the culture, nor have any idea as to how to find work, or survive in the American manner of life once we got here. Our life was a failure not because the dream failed us, but because we failed to realize that the difficulty and failures we had to undergo would eventually lead us to the success of the American Dream. I firmly believed that had my family not failed consistently when we first came here, we would not have the privilege of enjoying, at the moment, the success that the true nature of the American Dream promises.

You can use the response I wrote above as an example of how you can best respond to the prompt in order to secure a better grade for yourself.
OP melokour 1 / 2 1  
Thanks for your help Holt!
And have a good night.

Home / Undergraduate / About the failure in the American Dream