"The failure that taught me a lot" - my fall became a stepping-stone rather than a setback

Carl 1 / 1  
prompt: The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?

When I first came to my senior middle school, the various association activities appealed to me, especially the one that published school magazines, which I then applied for and finally entered. Driven by passion, I worked hard,and was appointed to the president.

But things did not go well as I expected. After I became the chief, the working pressure was like a mountain to me,which caught me off guard. When I could not well accomplish the work, when I did not find myself capable of maintaining a good relationship with my peers, I began to doubt whether I could handle this job. Simultaneously I did not do well in my study, and received the pressure from my parents. Though I had spared no efforts to strike a balance between study and the work, I finally ran out of energy, and quitted.

However, as I think back to this traumatic event ,I think I could learn something from it. Things went worse when I started to doubt myself. Maybe it is not as bad as I think. Besides, while I have to handle so many projects at the same time , I often put them off , and sometimes missed the deadline .After that I learn if I intend to finish numerous and urgent activities , schedules or arrangements are badly needed .

Fortunately, my fall became a stepping-stone rather than a setback, as it became a chance to embrace new experiences. Recently the association was going to hold a big event and they were badly in need of hands , I went back to assist them . I said to myself : "you are good , and they are not so difficult to get along with . Arrange your time and you can deal with it . " After me racking my brains to make plans, An excellent task assignment according to the characteristic of each one was made in one day, which overcame the difficulty of the shortage of hand . And finally the event was successfully held .
Zheng, there is a lack of honesty in the way you approached the essay. The reviewer will not feel a sense of connection between you and the life experience you wrote about. The problem, lies in the fact that you seemed to have simply glossed over the story of your failure. It is almost as if you are looking at the "failure" from hindsight in a light manner.

Try to present a real attitude or life altering incident that resulted in a failure that you learned from . Something that had a profound effect on your life which led you to a realization about your weaknesses and strengths, your abilities and limitations, and the kind of person you became because of that experience.

What the reviewer will look for in this instance is a semblance of how you deal with failure and the kind of attitude that you have when you do not get something that you want. So make sure to deliver a sort of character analysis on your part. Ensuring that the reviewer will come to know another side of you in the process.
OP Carl 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot!! I don't know how to express my gratitude.
I am not good at writing in English, and the way of thinking in Chinese is very different from in English, so I cannot clearly express the story of the failure and what I learn from it .Because of your valuable advice, I have found many shortcomings in this one which I think cannot reach the reviewer's standard. Now I am trying to write a new one.

Many thanks for your help.

Home / Undergraduate / "The failure that taught me a lot" - my fall became a stepping-stone rather than a setback