After my failure I went through a great deal of agony that led me to depression.

destiny1216 1 / 1  
Can you please read my essay and make corrections to it? Also, can you tell me if I need to add some more stuff or take something out? This is my last hope and I really need to get this done.

Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?

The dictionary states that failure is the lack of success. I would like to contradict with this statement, by suggesting that failure is not the lack of success, but the key to success.

I've spent my entire life believing that failure was one of the most terrifying events anyone could ever endure. With that in mind, when i truly experienced failure, I went through a great deal of agony that led to depression.

Before I began high school, I made a pact with both my family and myself, promising that I would make straight A's throughout high school. During my sophomore year, this goal was destroyed when I received two B's on my report card; and i thought that was the end of my dreams. I was disappointed in myself; I believed that I did not only fail myself, but my family also. I gave up on my dreams and I became very depressed. When I went into depression, I began thinking that I was a failure at life; I was this way for a very long time. Becoming depressed over grades seem silly, but it meant much more than that. It symbolized that I can never achieve anything I put my mind to; thinking this way is despondent, and it was the reason for my depression. One day I came across an inspirational quote by Maya Angelou, that read, " You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it." This quote changed my mind set at as a whole. I came to the conclusion that we must endure failure in order to succeed. My depression slowly diminished and my outlook on life changed significantly.

As I reflect back on my situation, I realized that failure is only temporary, and to be successful we must fail at some point in life, or we would truly be a failure. We learn from our mistakes, and if we don't make any, then there is nothing to learn from. So, when I fail again, I will now know that I am a few steps away from success, and I will no longer dwell, but prosper from my mistakes.
seppukkku 1 / 1  
I've spent my entire life believing that failure was one of the most terrifying events anyone could ever endure.
I've spent my entire life believing that failure was one of the most terrifying events anyone could ever experience/encounter/go through.

It symbolized that I can never achieve anything I put my mind to
It symbolized that I could never achieve anything I put my mind to

I like how your essay was very to the point and it answered all the questions asked. Cheerios, hope i helped a bit!!!!!

Home / Undergraduate / After my failure I went through a great deal of agony that led me to depression.