'Family of doctors and engineering' Drexel Application-why interested in your major

Nate417 1 / -  
This application asked me for 250-500 words and why I am interested in my choice of major. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated :)

My sister and I grew up in a family of doctors. However, I quickly learned that they didn't always have time to spend with me because they were always working. My sister was unfortunately born with a brain defect leaving her mute and unable to understand most things. My love of science began to grow here as I learned more about how my parents went about their business and how such defects in people can happen.

My dad was an incredibly curious person due to fascination toward science. He would show me shows on TV such as "NOVA" or "Planet Earth" on a frequent basis. They were extremely interesting whether it was about "Stem-cell Research" or even simple things like "Water". Being pulled in this field direction I took many AP level science courses in high school. Other then science the only other subject I excelled in was math. These subjects have always felt like complements of each other. In all the college level sciences classes I've been in, there have always been mathematical formulas to explain the logic behind science.

Engineering really stuck out as a major I might want to do as it incorporates science and math to solve different problems. I wasn't really sure what type of engineering I wanted. However, recently I have been watching shows and reading articles about how such birth defects can happen like the one in my sister. It all leads back to biology and how different cells can mutate, copy DNA wrong, and other ideas. Biomedical Engineering may be the career I've been looking for. Regardless, thanks to my parents I have a great back round to do pursue any engineering career.
safiyyah1 1 / 6  
I think you shouldn't say that you weren't sure cause towards the end you stated that you wanted to do biomed engineering. I think you should rephrase it and make it more firm on what you want to do

help with mine :

Home / Undergraduate / 'Family of doctors and engineering' Drexel Application-why interested in your major