"My family", the greatest influence on me

wolffangel21 1 / -  
My family has a grand influence on what I am today. My mom was born and raised in Mexico, and she decided to completely change her life by coming to the United States. I was only a few years old and didn't speak at all. I didn't comprehend the important decision my mom had made for my future.

For a time we lived with my grandparents in San Antonio. While my mom was struggling to get our American residency, she was also faced with looking for employment. Like many immigrants who leave their country, she was looking for the hope to change and do the things that she had not be able to do in her country.

In my case, my mom as a single mother in her native country saw that the laws favored men and that they didn't respect the women of there country. She in turn chose to find a place where there was equality.

Even though we did leave the place where my family lived, they did not want me to lose their native language. My family has always spoken Spanish at home, and I learned English at school. Lots of time I would begin to speak in English at home, which came easier to me, and it was a lot more struggling to learn another language. But my mom remained constant in speaking Spanish at home. This has made me comprehend the Spanish language more and has made me have a closer intimate family relationship.

There were many years that my family sought for a way to become Americans, it was a constant struggle and worry for me. It was a relief and a joy to have patriotism of the country I had liked in so long. I had already been educated and raised with all the American values of having liberty and freedoms of this country. In many other countries it is only a dream waiting to happen. As you can see I have preserved in having the nationality of this country for many years, and through all the things that I have my family is one of the most important to me. In this country there are so my opportunities, to be someone, even though we all come from different backgrounds. To preserve to be the one to accomplish what those of my family have not is a dream that I hope to achieve.

... would really appricate any help
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
she was looking for the hope to change

In my case, my mom as a single mother in her native country saw that the laws favored men and that they didn't respect the women of their country. She in turn chose to find a place where there was equality. - I would put these sentences into the preceding paragraph. Paragraphs should typically be no fewer than three sentences long.

Lots of times I would begin to speak in English at home, which came easier to me, and it was more of a struggle to learn another language.

There were many years that my family sought for a way to become Americans; it was a constant struggle and worry for me.

patriotism of the country I had lived in so long.

As you can see I have preserved in having the nationality of this country - Did you mean "persevered"?

To preserve to be the one to accomplish what those of my family have not is a dream that I hope to achieve. - I think you must mean "persevere" here, also. This sentence is a little unclear, even with the correct word. What has your family not accomplished?

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / "My family", the greatest influence on me