How my family shaped who I am today

nyrobimanuel 1 / -  
This is a personal statement for a school assignment. It is due tomorrow and it is a draft but i don't feel so confident about it. I need some assistance. Also this needs to 240 words.

My family has shaped the person I am today. Growing up my Dad my dad really wasn't there for me. He was gone all the time but still managed to get food on the table. ''Your dad isn't here but he still loves you. So stand up straight and smile that you have food and clothes no your back. ''My mom would say defending him even though he knew he wasn't a good father to us. Now I am grateful for everything and staying positive. My dad left when I was ten. My two sisters,mom and I went to live with my grandma when he left out of state.

While living there my mom always left. Sometimes when she left and my grandma wasn't home I took care of my two younger sisters, Tayanna and Tess. They were really bad but taught me to be more responsible, put my needs after my sister's needs and patience. Through all of this my cousin helped me. she taught me to make goals or my self and believe in my self. she is great and believes in me when I no one else did. My family and life events shaped the person I am today
My family has shaped the person I am today.

It is my father's influence that shaped me into the person who I am today.

He was gone all the time but still managed to get food on the table

He was not there all the time,but still managed to have food on the table.

While living there my mom always left

.... What does this mean? She left for what? work? or did she leave you all too? You need to rephrase this sentence as it is not very clear :(
hoanghcmup 2 / 3  

My family is one of the most important factors that shape my personality today.

Home / Undergraduate / How my family shaped who I am today