The Fashion business has always been in my plans. Advertising and Marketing Communications - FIT

ECalv001 1 / 3  
What makes you a perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to? The essay is also your chance to tell us more about your experiences, activities and accomplishments.

Please help me in each aspect, grammar, structure, If you were part of the admissions comittee would you accept me based on thi essay? I am going to be a transfer. THANK YOU! my major will be advertising and marketing communications.

I have had a very clear idea of what I like to do since I was a child, now as a young adult is time for me to take those interests and use them to build my career. For the past five years I have spent my days planning my future and looking for a way to get there. The business of fashion has always been in my plans. I remember that as a kid I would design clothes for my dolls and then take them out to the yard to take pictures of them, I filled out my parent's camera with pictures of Barbie dolls sitting in a three, looking at the horizon and wearing the clothes I designed for them. Later on my childhood, I would sell board games outside my house, somehow I convinced my mom to buy all these board games for me so I could re-sell them at a higher price, as a kid I did not even need money, I would just do it for fun, some kids would have their lemonade stand, but I have always wanted more. My early my passion for business and fashion, but mostly my determination make me the perfect candidate for FIT. I think people are destined to do certain things in life, we only need to look back at their childhood and see what they enjoyed to do back when they did not have the pressure to do other things. For me it was making small pieces of clothing, taking pictures and doing business with those who I knew.

My early interest in business and fashion fit perfectly in the Advertising and Marketing Communications program. I love watching fashion commercials, my favorite one is Dior Secret Garden-Versailles created by Robert Lussier and Mia Forsgren. The way I feel when I admire their masterpiece is hard to explain, is pure art. The music, the direction, the clothing, the idea, everything works perfectly together in order to immerse us in the Secret Garden. I want to be able to create those campaigns, with my creativity and FIT's program and faculty help, I will be able to create campaigns that count. The best preparation is needed in order to create masterpieces, and that is why I desire to receive my education from FIT. I am always looking for ways to get involved in writing, since last year I have been writing for different websites, I also direct the fashion section in a small magazine. By now I am sure that this is what I want to do the rest of my life. I cannot imagine my life in other way, this is what I will do in a future, I will work hard in order to succeed and be with the greatest in the industry.

During this first semester in a traditional college, I have learned to push myself more in order to obtain good grades and transfer to FIT, I work hard to take this one step that will help me achieve my goals. Of all the classes I take, my favorite ones are French and photography, I take them because I know they will help me in the industry. Even though I have always been interested in photography, now I learned to see art meticulously, I know this is a key skill to succeed in a field that requires a lot of details. I feel prepared to immerse myself in fashion now, because no matter where I go, I am able to identify and analyze art in a proper way, I am looking forward to apply this skills in FIT in order to improve my performance. In order to succeed in the fashion industry, I plan to learn from the bests and to do internships in high-level companies that allow me to practice my knowledge. Once I have enough information and practice, I will found my own Advertising firm focused in fashion. I know it will be hard, but I am willing to work hard and push myself to the limits in order to achieve my goals. At the end of the day I remind myself that everything I do will have an impact on my future, and that is why I always give my best.
Elena, I remember there were a few students rooting for FIT and I believe they did well in this field too.
I suggest you do a little research and do a healthy comparison on your essays, this way you will be able to have
insights on what your essay should contain, I know the content of the essay is given in the prompt but it will still
help to see others work.

I'd like to work on your introduction.

There you have it Elena, my conclusion towards your essay it that, your choice of words is quiet weak, try to change the words you have in your sentences.

Choose the words that will strongly send the message that you want to send to the panel of FIT, make sure that you justify what is asked of the prompt and you will see the difference, it will make you more confident in submitting your essay.

Best of luck to you.

Home / Undergraduate / The Fashion business has always been in my plans. Advertising and Marketing Communications - FIT