"Fashion to me means how one expresses themselves in a creative way..." FIT admissions essay

fashiongirl02 1 / -  
Your essay should answer the following questions: What makes you a perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to? The essay is also your chance to tell us more about your experiences, activities and accomplishments. (No more than 750 words, please.)

Fashion to me means how one expresses themselves in a creative way through clothing. I've always been intrigued by how a person assembles an outfit, this interest started when I entered high school. I would glance at what my classmates were wearing, and then I would spend hours in bookstores flicking through fashion magazines and examining the latest trends from celebrities and models. Understanding styles and trends throughout high school allowed me to realize that I've always wanted to become a buyer. This interest still carries on today.

After I graduated from High School in 2012, I pursued an Associate of Science degree in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing at the Art Institute of New York City and I graduated with honors in December of 2014. During my time at the Art Institute I completed an internship at a multi- brand woman's contemporary showroom called Showroom Boheme. I worked alongside the owner. My responsibilities included scheduling appointments, merchandising the showroom, order entry and I also worked during trade shows at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City, which gave me more of a hands on experience working closely with the owner and developed a team work ethic. My understanding of the business side of fashion grew with this internship and also with my studies.

I'm the perfect candidate for the Fashion Institute of Technology because I am a driven and confident person who is eager to transfer her skills and her experiences to become a successful student. The fashion business management program will guide me to create a career for myself as a fashion buyer. Being that New York City provides me with vast opportunities in the fashion industry I am convinced it is an ideal environment to continue my education. I believe my experiences have assisted my understandings of the fashion industry and continuing my education at the Fashion Institute of Technology is the perfect school to pursue my career.
- Fashion tofor me means

- I'm the perfect candidate for thea perfect match for Fashion Institute of Technology
- because I am a driven and confident person who
- is eager to transfershare her skills and her experiences
- to become a successful studentcontributor and student in the institution .
- as a fashion buyerend market .
- Being that New York City provides
- fashion industry, I am convinced
- I believe my experiences have assisted my understandings ofundertaking in the fashion
- Technology is the perfect schoolright institution to pursue my career.

Jessica, this are my thoughts on your essay, for future writing reference, refrain from using small words in describing an institution or a company, you have to build the company that you want to be a part of, this is one way of telling them that you are dead serious in gaining admission.
Jessica, I would like to call your attention to the final part of your essay where you discuss why you believe that you are the perfect candidate for FIT. While you do present some pretty strong general reasons for being an excellent FIT student, you are saying the same things that the other one thousand applicants will be saying. thus making that final paragraph really weak and uninteresting. So we have to strengthen that aspect of the application prompt in one way or another.

My idea is to present yourself as the perfect candidate for FIT based upon your existing associate degree in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. Being a previous college graduate, although only of a 2 year course, you have an edge over the other FIT applicants already. You have the prior background and training that will help you excel at a higher level than the regular FIT student. So utilize this strength and let it help set you apart from the other applicants.

One way that you can do this is by mentioning some of the classes that you look forward to attending at FIT during the upcoming semester. Explain how your background in so and so class during your undergraduate years have more than prepared you to handle the more complex version of this class at FIT. Always fall back on your previous academic foundation as one of the strongest reasons why you will be the perfect FIT student candidate. By convincing the reviewer that you will not only excel, but help raise the standards of an FIT student, you will be able to present yourself as a stand out and exceptional student applicant.

If you can convince the reviewer that your theoretical knowledge in Fashion Design and Marketing can combine with your work experience in order to create the perfect FIT student, then your admissions essay will have excellently performed its task. You have excellent writing skills, although there are some grammar corrections that need to be addressed. I am confident that you will be able to come up with the proper final paragraph for your essay that will fall well within the required maximum word count. Good luck with your revision :-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Fashion to me means how one expresses themselves in a creative way..." FIT admissions essay