'My father inspired me' - Person who had the most influence on you

leboss1234 1 / -  
Any kind of helped is appreciated!!

He didn't go to university, he didn't go to a high school, he didn't go to middle school and he didn't go to Primary school, however he was able to achieve his goals. After his mother died when he was 12, he was obliged to work until late hours with his uncle. Everyday he was beaten and abused. He ran away at the age of 16 to another city with just 1 dollar in his pocket. He worked for years to finally create 3 successful textile industries.

After my father told be how he became sucessful i was convinced that nothing is impossible. 31st June 2010, my junior year ended and i was going to finally be a senior. When i got home, my father told me that he wants to go to a high school in Paris. Every member of my family including me disagreed with him. He took me aside and told me " Education has no price, i want you to have the education that i never had".

I knew that i will have to leave my parents and family, i knew that i will have more responsibilities. But i also knew that i will get a better education, learn to be responsible and undertake new challenges. Thus, i decided to go to Paris.

As i stepped out of the airplane, i was a shy and frightened 16 year old who came to discover a new world. All i knew was that i have to work hard and undertake any challenges. That is why i decided to became an Full International Baccalaureate candidate. However, i had to take a 13th year, but it didn't matter to me because " education has no price".

Because i was taking the Full IB, i couldn't play with the school's soccer team and i didn't have time to make friends. I had to balance the school work with the house responsibilities. I couldn't do it anymore, each day i picked up the phone to call my father to tell him that i give up. But there was a part of me who wanted to stay and work harder and harder. Sometimes, during class, tears would suddenly start to dwindle from my eyes. I missed my familly, i missed my mom's thick, gentle voice calling my name. One day i decided that i should go back to Morocco but i thought of my father an what he had to go through. If he gave up after his first textile industry was bankrupt, he would not be the man that he is today.

My father inspired me to believe that with perserverance, commitement and confidence, i can achieve anything. I thought that i pushed myself beyond my limits, but my father thought me that there are no limits. He inspired me to undertake new challenges and these challenges helped me discover who i am and what i am capable of achieving.
AU0594 15 / 31  
He didn't go to a university,
school; however, he was able to achieve his goals.
my father told me that he wants me to go to a high school in Paris
father and what he had
besides that, good :)
fabaca 2 / 4  
Hi your essay was great
but
in my opinion he never had attend is more proper than he didn't go...
and as u know the verb for school and university is attend.
Good luck :D

Home / Undergraduate / 'My father inspired me' - Person who had the most influence on you