"my father has (has not) shaped my dreams and aspirations" - prompt 1 help

lilibeth91760 3 / 1  
Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

I find myself having to think of one special occasion in which my father has shaped my dreams and aspirations but I just cannot. It's not because there have not been any moments but quite the opposite. His whole life has shaped my dreams. Seeing my father's dedication to his job, marriage and family has pushed me to be the person that I am. Someone who pursues their dreams, strives for the best and never gives up.

Ever since my father moved to the United States from Mexico he has been working extremely hard to make a living. Once I was born he had to work two jobs in order to support my mother and me and ever since then I have been able to see the dedication in his eyes. He always works extra hours and even on holidays in order to raise more money. Five years ago he settled in his job as an electrician. In this job he found himself having to take the state exam which he must pass in order to receive his electrician's license. Although my dad is not fluent in English he went out and bought a lot of books in order to prepare for his test. He passed his exam and received his license. Yet his simple strive for excellence surprised me and I knew that I had to grow to have that same characteristic.

My father is also an excellent father. He has done an exemplary job at raising my sister and me by always being there when we need him. When I had problems at school he would discuss with me and come to an outcome which we both agreed with. He is not only my father but he is one of my closest friends that I can depend on. He always discusses with me about the future and how I must always fight for what I want. That I must be just like him but better because he didn't have the opportunities that I have.

My dad has simply been more than a dad to me; he has been one of the greatest influences in my life. He has taught me right from wrong and one day I dream to be like him; an intelligent person with the career that I strived for. I want to be the F.B.I. agent that my dad couldn't be because of his conditions. Through his work and efforts my dad has taught me to keep working on the things that I want and to always continue ahead no matter what obstacles are in my path.
teenaxboee /  
Where is you?

Your father isn't the one that is going to college correct?

Have 10% story, 90% reflection.

Home / Undergraduate / "my father has (has not) shaped my dreams and aspirations" - prompt 1 help