My favorite movie (Pirates of the Caribbean) -essay for Chicago

hanyipeng 1 / 2  
This my essay for University of Chicago, I still not sure whether add Steve Jobs and Jack Sparrow into the first paragraph or not.

This is my essay:

Imagine that on the azure sea, under the firmament, smelling the fresh sea breeze, a group of young or old pirates fasten the cable, hoist the colors and shift the helm; on a dark night, through the rough sea, facing the gale, they lower the sail, bail the water out and repair the broken ship. They are the most free and courageous people I have ever seen. They appeared in the movie--Pirates of the Caribbean, the most inspiring movie I have ever watched. The spirit of pirates, with freedom of life and confidence to adversities, is what I am longing for. Freedom means no limits, and more importantly means indefinite range for achieving success. Besides that, confidence purports courage to the hardship, and more essentially purports the foundation for overcoming it. These two significant qualities are the most helpful things I learned from the movie and the most enlightened guide in my life.

With these two beneficial characters, I am never afraid of challenging the difficulties. They make me feel the sailing boat of my life gradually steering its way into success.

Thanks
Truscan2012 2 / 6  
Very interesting essay prompt! I wish one of my colleges had something interesting like that.
But anyway, great essay! I like the use of imagery and how you "learned from the movie".
All I have to say is that you should go back and read it over one more time, if not two, to make sure you have everything you want and maybe take out what you do not.

Either way, really nice, concise essay. :)
OP hanyipeng 1 / 2  
thanks a lot, I will try my best to improve it.

good luck!!!

Home / Undergraduate / My favorite movie (Pirates of the Caribbean) -essay for Chicago