"your favorite place to get lost (a book)"- Virginia Supplement

petcomet 1 / 1  
Hi, I'd really appreciate any help on my essay for the second supplement essay part for University of Virginia. Thank you!! This is my first draft of this essay so I could use a lot of opinions haha

Discuss your favorite place to get lost. (250 word max.)

Being lost often comes with a connotation of unpleasantness and the want or need to be found. When lost, a person is completely alone. This is sometimes the best place to be. Choosing to be lost is in a way a method of meditation. My favorite method is to envelope myself in a book. Only a specific type of book though. A book that is near impossible to relate to myself in any way. By doing so, I can read in peace and not think about my problems or anything going on in my life. It is a true escape route for my mind. I become a part of a world so far from my own I eventually forget where I am coming from. As the pages turn time disappears, my phone's vibrate doesn't penetrate me through my pocket, and any noise in the background becomes a soft murmur in comparison to the voice reading each word out loud inside my head. I feel no need to be found when I'm in this new world that I've forced myself into. This world is a world for my eyes only so I make it as intricate or simple as I choose. If the author provides me with a description I can add my own imagination to what ever it is. There is no pressure or judgment to my interpretation of the story as it unfolds when I read to be lost. Being lost is not unpleasant nor does it leave me with a fear of not being found.
1a2b3c 3 / 6  
My favorite method is toenvelopeu might write immersemyself in a book.
A book that is nearnearly ...will it be? impossible to relate to myself in any way.
As the pages turn time disappears, my phone's vibrate doesn't penetrate me through my pocket,u might change this sentenc einto something more simpler...like.. even the vibration of my cell dont disturb me and any noise in the background becomes a soft murmur in comparison to the voice reading each word out loud inside my head.

Hi :)
really nice piece of writing!!
u've superb ideas...but... i think..u can provide specefic ideas...eg of book or be detailed
:)
and....please help me with my writing too... i'll highly appreciate it :)
OP petcomet 1 / 1  
Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll gladly read your essay =)

Home / Undergraduate / "your favorite place to get lost (a book)"- Virginia Supplement