"My favorite subject is English" - Supplementary Form for Uni

lalala92 1 / 2  
Hey, can someone take a look at this - any suggestions, editing, etc?
Thanks! :)

What is your favourite subject and why?
My favorite subject is English because English is the basis of our ability to communicate with one another. English has taught me numerous skills and has helped me to become an analytically minded individual, changing my perspective on various issues. English has contributed to my overall growth as a young person, as it has showed me the many points of views, ideas, and beliefs of the human population. English has opened my eyes on many issues, and helped me to develop skills, intellectually as well as theoretically.

Why are you interested in this program?
I have always wanted to write and report, and I am a reporter for my school's first newspaper, "_______". Not only has being a reporter brought me the experience of interviewing and investigating, but it has been a huge deciding factor for my career. Journalism is a passion for research, writing, and reporting your findings, something which I adore. Likewise, my love for researching, presenting, and conveying, all play major roles in why I want to become a journalist. I would be honored to be a student at the ______, pursuing my dream.

What experiences and skills might you bring to this field?
I admire the writing skills journalists have, as well as the ability to view world issues and report them, something I have the ability to do. I have a love for writing and grammar, two valuable skills every journalist needs to posses. I also have a deep enjoyment for current world events, on a local and global scale. My passion for this art would capture the hearts of my audience, writing in such a way that they feel the need for change, and are inspired to make a difference in the world.

Please describe your writing and communication skills, indicating particular strengths or weaknesses:
I believe that my writing and communication skills are exceptional. Working in retail has taught me how to communicate with others, and I am constantly improving my writing skills. I have had experience as a delegate for Model Parliament, and communication has been a vital part of my job. I am able to write in such a way that I get my point across in an abstract and conceptual manner, but also manage to keep it objective, which is an essential part of journalism.
row45a 2 / 4  
Look up more information on English as in the history and culture.
-When did you discover your passion?
-Fact about English to show your knowledge.
-What are some issues?
-Some of your favorite journalist?
-What kind of TV do you watch?
-Favorite quotes.
-Show personal characteristics

I wish you the best of luck!
You will make it.
OP lalala92 1 / 2  
thanks! I hope so!
Only 100 words though - and that IS 100 words...what to cut out? :/
asiawasia35 - / 3  
What is your favourite subject and why?
My favorite subject is English because English is the basis of our ability to communicate with one another.Why do you like english more than another person? Compare yourself. English has taught me numerous skills and has helped me to become an analytically minded individual, changing my perspective on various issues.(topic in english you are drawn to) English has contributed to my overall growth as a young person, as it has showed me the many points of views, ideas, and beliefs of the human population.(What point of views) English has opened my eyes on many issues, and helped me to develop skills, intellectually as well as theoretically.(How would you be without English)

Why are you interested in this program?
I have always wanted to write and report, and I am a reporter for my school's first newspaper, "_______". (when did you notice your passion) Not only has being a reporter brought me the experience of interviewing and investigating, but it has been a huge deciding factor for my career. Journalism is a passion for research, writing, and reporting your findings, something which I adore. (favorite journalist, TV news ) Likewise, my love for researching, presenting, and conveying, all play major roles in why I want to become a journalist. I would be honored to be a student at the ______, pursuing my dream.(goals to do in Journalism)

I admire the writing skills journalists have, as well as the ability to view world issues and report them, something I have the ability to do. I have a love for writing and grammar, two valuable skills every journalist needs to posses. I also have a deep enjoyment for current world events, on a local and global scale. My passion for this art would capture the hearts of my audience, writing in such a way that they feel the need for change, and are inspired to make a difference in the world.(what do you have that another person doesn't, what can you bring?)

I believe that my writing and communication skills are exceptional. Working in retail has taught me how to communicate with others, and I am constantly improving my writing skills. (your writing style) I have had experience as a delegate for Model Parliament, and communication has been a vital part of my job. I am able to write in such a way that I get my point across in an abstract and conceptual manner, but also manage to keep it objective, which is an essential part of journalism.

Make this essay 'you' one in a million.
Everything that someone else can say delete it.
Go into your own experience and views.
What school are you applying to?
I hope you get in?
OP lalala92 1 / 2  
Thanks! I'm applying to university of Toronto.

I only have 100 word limit to work with. Damn

Home / Undergraduate / "My favorite subject is English" - Supplementary Form for Uni