What is your favorite word and why? Limit to half a page or 250 words. (UVa)

masonseaman 1 / -  
I'm not finished, but not sure where to go from here. What do I need to include/explain?

I stand at the starting line, tense, waiting. I brace myself. Suddenly I hear the gunshot and the voice in my head screams "Go!" as I take off, starting the race. The word "go" is simple, yet very powerful. It can be the spark that pushes you into action, or the signal to release everything you have built up. It is almost as if we are born understanding the word and its strong meaning in this world. When I hear the word go, I become excited, ready to take on whatever the challenge is starting with that little two letter word.

(I like this for the closing sentence)
Whether it is a race, a game, or the math section on the SAT, one word pops into my head and somehow I know that I want to succeed, that I want to go!
dealaus 5 / 21 1  
I like it. One thing: " It is almost as if we are born understanding the word and its strong meaning in this world"

Here, it is almost as if you are saying the same thing twice. If you understand the word, you understand the meaning. It is not a noticeable problem or something that will likely be taken against you, but I think that changing it up could strengthen it, which can really considering how short the prompt is.

If you are looking to extend the length a bit, maybe add a personal story at the beginning about a race or something, although I do like your intro as it is.

Would you mind taking a glance at mine? :)

Home / Undergraduate / What is your favorite word and why? Limit to half a page or 250 words. (UVa)