"on my fear of museums" - Topic of Choice. Advice how to start?

jessicam262 1 / -  
I plan on writing my college essay on my fear of museums(huh, fear of museums? O_o) but I'm not sure on how to write. It would be extremely helpful if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks!
theTalkingRice 5 / 17  
I think the best advice i could give is just to write it how you would say it. That's the best way to get your voice across, which is really all the admissions people want. They don't care too much about how well you can put sentences together, it's about how well you can convey yourself or an idea. It's actually a good thing that you don't know how to tackle your topic because that means it's probably something that not many people have written about, which I would assume the admissions people will appreciate. It probably gets boring reading essays about the same topics every day :P
barefootsandles - / 1  
I think it would be interesting to describe your fear in the beginning of the essay, but not actually reveal that it was of museums until a little later in the body of the work. That way it would give your essay a little "twist"

Home / Undergraduate / "on my fear of museums" - Topic of Choice. Advice how to start?