Feelings; Stanford/ What matters to you

Mein 4 / 22 2  
Please help me!

What matters to you and why?

Will I cry when someone precious to me die? That is the question that I have asked a long time ago, and today I know the answer; I will cry when someone that's important to me die. If I don't cry, won't that mean that they are not precious to me? I believe what matters to me is feeling. If I am happy when I am with a person, that means that she/he is a good person, and potentially become my friend. It determines what's important to me and what's not. It also determine what I like and what I don't like. For example, when listening to music, I always search for a song that matches my current feeling; I don't know my current feeling, it just I will change the song if I don't really want to listen current song.

Even though I said feeling matters to me, I don't really understand my feeling. Sometimes I can't be sad when I should be. That's why I always wonder whether it's important to me or not. I want to cry when someone precious to me die. I want to feel happy when I see someone I love, when she is happy, and when we talk. I want to feel guilty when I do something wrong.

I don't want to lose this; life without emotion is bland, boring, and colourless. Sure, feeling can be destructive sometimes, but if we can balance it with good reasoning can logic, I'm sure we can see the colour of every second we spend, because feeling is the epitome of our instinct, the support of our wits, and the essence of beauty.
rainforest3321 2 / 3  
This a little bit vague... Maybe focus on one specific feeling, I got kind of lost in it. It would also be beneficial for you to change up your sentence structure to make it more interesting

Home / Undergraduate / Feelings; Stanford/ What matters to you