"I'm a fellow procrastinator" - My commonapp essay

Toujours_pur 1 / -  
My first time posting here... urrr...
So this is my commonapplication essay. Could someone help me with this? Don't worry about grammar first, as long as you can understand what I intended to say.

I'm trying to make it more solid and interesting (which I don't know how could I do that).
Do you like the idea? Should I go deeper somewhere?

common application essay: topic of your choice.

Hi there. I'm a fellow procrastinator. Though I suffered from this habit seriously (Oh those dreadful mornings getting up for homework at 5 a.m.!), I still appreciate procrastination as my dear friend.

Getting things done on time isn't everything to me. Taking time thinking is. Never I am someone who rushes to finish an assignment on Monday when it's due on Friday. Most of the times, I let homeworks to finish, books to read, test to prepare pile on my desk. Then I would procrastinate behind the little hills of book. Filling the blank spaces on the workbooks and flipping books from cover to backcover are simple things to do, but I prefer to understand the concepts on my own. Sometimes I get a little carried away but I don't mind. Economics is a subject I don't understand even now. Why is profit all in terms of currency? Why is the largest income an ultimate goal? Can excessive goods bring people to war, a worse state? An economics test probably won't ask those questions, nevertheless I believe those questions are valuable.

I also procrastinate outside school work. When my friend text messaged me her future plans (graduate to college, choose a practical major which is easy to find a job, marry someone with stable income, give birth to children and live happily ever after) I was so dissappointed. I defer any plan to try desperately find a high-salary job for myself, as I refuse to imitate everyone else's lifestyle just to get things through. Life is short - why hurry repeating others? I would take a cup of hot chocolate and seat back on my seat, planning my moves all on myself. I want my life to be just as colorful and unpredictable as the first human being ever.

My thoughts flow everywhere during procrastination. I was at times lost on the internet as I found so many resources to learn. Whether there's a test or thirty-page workbook due is not important; I enjoy clicking open one and another drawing tutorials, open course videos, and so on. No one will ever give credit to my self-taught skills as drawing manga and writing fanfiction but I like to share my imagines with others. Daydreaming does have its two cents to contribute to the world. Imaginary paradise found a direction of improvement for the world; hell gives out warnings.

Procrastinator is also the reason that I'm submitting this application so late, I would say. I went to make a cream cake in the middle of writing. I think the eaters will appreciate my procrastination.

Thanks for commenting.
Freshie11 - / 4  
i dont understand this sentence and its purpose,"taking time thinking is"
i also dont understand why you tied economics in with procrastination?
nice essay it really got my attention even though procrastination is a risky subject!
Good Luck! :)
riny 13 / 26  
Though I am suffered from this habit seriously

Getting things done on time isn't everything to me. It is very difficult for me to take a time to think deeply(?) .

Most of the times, I leave homeworks to finish, books to read, test to prepare pile on my desk.

there are many figurative expressions...
jane_the 5 / 30  
hahaha... I like your essay! =)
although at first I got a rather negative impression of you, your procrastinating habit, but you wrapped up the whole essay so great that I was totally fascinated with it at the end. I've never thought that procrastinating could bring any good ( since I consider myself to be a procrastinator ) as well.

you provided lots of great examples to support your argument that procrastination is not all bad, but you have to remember, it's not all so great either, thus, I think you should also write about disadvantages it has brought you as well. And also the sentence in which you told them you procrastinated on this essay as well, I think you should consider changing it, cuz it seems to me that you are not taking the application process seriously.

those are just suggestion, hope it'll help you.
Best wishes =)
Zenoa 1 / 4  
Here's my two cents.
I understand what your going for, but I think this is a little bit too risky.

You might have had some good things happen as a result of your procrastinating but Procrastination by itself is never a good habit (I'm not judging. I'm a champion procrastinator)

You say that u prefer taking the time to think and say things like "life is short". Doesn't this imply that you procrastinate because of your priorities rather than you not prioritising your work because you procrastinate? I suggest you explain why you procrastinate rather than saying that procrastination itself is good. I mean say that this is what i do and therefore i end up procrastinating rather than say that i do these things because i procrastinate.

Also, I agree with jane . Maybe you should remove the last sentence. It's a little extra risky.

Hope I made sense and GOOD LUCK

Home / Undergraduate / "I'm a fellow procrastinator" - My commonapp essay