the field of nanotechnology - why rice appeals to me?

m126531 4 / 11  
why does rice appeal to you?
Out of all of its strong programs, Rice University is especially renowned for its strong science programs, particularly its internationally-acclaimed nanotechnology program. Rice's dedication to nanotechnology can be seen in its establishment of the Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, the nation's first nanotechnology center. It is also home to CBEN and LANP, two other research centers focused on nanotechnology. With its abundant resources, I believe Rice will provide the best education possible for people pursuing nanotechnology such as myself.

While Rice's educational opportunities are excellent, its emphasis on community service also appeals to me. I was actively involved in the community during high school; and therefore, I would like to stay involve and have a positive impact on my community. I am especially interested in the English as a Second Language Tutoring Program at Rice because English is not my mother tongue and I benefited from programs similar to this when I was young. It would be a dream come true to pursue my aspirations in the field of nanotechnology while being able to continue being an active leader in my community at Rice University.
luminousx 3 / 32  
Good answer, but something minor:
I was actively involved in the community during high school; and therefore, I would like to stay involve and have a positive impact on my community.

Please read my UChicago essay!
Let's streamline:
Out of all of its strong programs, Rice University is especially renowned for its strong science programs, particularly its internationally-acclaimed nanotechnology program.----now THAT is a sentence that gets right to the point!

:-)

I was actively involved in the community during high school; and therefore, I would like to stay involve and have a positive impact on my community. Let's find a clever way to say this same thing. Rather than saying it, give a clever sentence about how it is meaningful to reach out and help.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / the field of nanotechnology - why rice appeals to me?